yep another freakin fuzz thread

C-Grin

Reaction score
The right amp for the fuzz is part of it. The other part is using your guitars volume knob to dial in your fuzz tone. Thsts the biggest mistake most people make is just having your volume knob on your guitar all the way up. It's great if you want that flubby farty clipping fuzz tone, but if you want to tame it then use your volume knob!

I love fuzz's. Anymore, they peak my interest more than overdrives and distortion pedals do. I'm really a fan of Analogman. That dude makes a great fuzz, and you can pick from a few different options.
Agreed

purpleplexi

Reaction score
I had an analogmen sun face with the NKts. I persevered far more than I should have because everyone inc Mike told me it was the best of the best of the best. It's gone.
Like I said I think fuzzes in general go better with strats. Although the sunface sounded crap with my strat.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Im not much into fuzz, to me it is a type of
sound that doesnt age very well, i dont like
to hear or play it personally but i heard my
fair share of 60s american or uk or other fuzz sounds and i have to say that nowadays fuzzes cheap or pricey arent capable of delivering many
of these classic garage sounds that the old
farts had going, atleast no demo i ever heard
on yt did deliver any of that freaky stuff.

Im not talking bout your typical Jimi H or J.P.
fuzzfacebender stuff, every kiddo can get these sounds.

taylodl

Reaction score
The right amp for the fuzz is part of it. The other part is using your guitars volume knob to dial in your fuzz tone. Thsts the biggest mistake most people make is just having your volume knob on your guitar all the way up. It's great if you want that flubby farty clipping fuzz tone, but if you want to tame it then use your volume knob!

I love fuzz's. Anymore, they peak my interest more than overdrives and distortion pedals do. I'm really a fan of Analogman. That dude makes a great fuzz, and you can pick from a few different options.

What are some amp/fuzz combinations you suggest?

lespaul339

Reaction score
What are some amp/fuzz combinations you suggest?

Honestly, mostly Marshall for fuzz face tones. Some fenders sound good, but IMO fuzzes sound best with that British style distortion. But that's just for fuzz face. The type of fuzz you have can have an effect on what amp it sounds best with too. There's different kinds of fuzzes. Germanium, silicon, mosfets ect. They can all have an effect on what style of amp you run them through.