yahoo account hacked.

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by ricksdisconnected, Jun 20, 2021.

1. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

Try Windows 93. Many have said there are noticeable advancements, and the upgrade is free.

Sapient and Vinsanitizer like this.
  2. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer >>> Fridgerator <<< Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Can you specify your OS and a description of the spelling correction issue - does it occur in Windows, only in Chrome, only with one website, etc.?

3. shredless

shredless Well-Known Member

I get that, was just agreeing with a previous post.

Computers took me a long time to even somewhat figure out. Just learned by trial and error. I have one with a clean install that is cock blocking any and all updates and anti viral programs...no clue why.

ricksdisconnected and Sapient like this.
  4. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

3/4 cup of buttermilk is probably enough for a decent size cake but I'd go a little more.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    shredless likes this.
  5. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Some cars are fast.

6. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

There's a "best practice" for all y'all with continuous pc problems, set your pc acount as a Standard User not as Administrator, this will eliminate the majority of your software problems. Set a complex password on your Administrator account. The majority of home pc problems are self inflicted. And if someone from India wants to remote control your pc for money - NO. If you really dont know what to do then take your pc somewhere locally to be fixed.

Maggot Brain and Adieu like this.
  7. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

You're not talking to yahoo

You clicked on some discount scammer link from an email didn't you? And then logged in thru a fake webpage

They're cheap low rent crooks. $70 is like 15 years ago generous.

Maggot Brain and pedecamp like this.
  8. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Use a piece of paper dude.

Hell you can even photograph that piece of paper if it worries you that much, then just save it as MyDogisSoCharming1234567.jpg or something, ain't no hacker ever looking at that crap

Maggot Brain and pedecamp like this.
  9. pedecamp

Even web searches come up with fake addresses, you think youre going somewhere legit when in fact youre not. The only way to get to Yahoo help is yahoo.com and click on help at the bottom of the page.

Maggot Brain likes this.
  10. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

@ricksdisconnected this is all in a nutshell, but as several have said there needs to be more information on details.
    I read this and I do not think you will get the answers that you will need for recovrery.

Do you have and use yahoo mail on your smartphone? Might be a slim chance that if you did not set your phone's auto-features, it may have saved your password.
    Do a 'recover yahoo email acct' search on google and/or yt and see if it can help.

ricksdisconnected likes this.
  11. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

no cell phone never goes on line. the yahoo is screwed. they wouldnt send a password to my recovery email because they said my account was hacked. it will ONLY go to the number (phone) that was used to set up the account. thats the EX. she wont play ball.

12. ricksdisconnected

i followed the links from yahoo.
    if you know a better way to get a hold of yahoo im open and listening.

13. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Maybe the virus on your PC redirects you when you try to access yahoo.com?

Have you tried writing from a different device?

14. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Yahoo has got to be number one hacked email. The failure is the back up phone and or email. I can not even log in to my account unless they first send a password to my phone. But generally the only way your computer got hacked is by opening a email from someone you don’t know.
    I still use yahoo but I have a couple of other emails.
    Pedacamp is right about Linux , if you have CD burner or flash drive you can run it live with out install. That a great way to browse with out consequences.
    You can learn it, just read up on it. Linux, which ever flavor you choose has a forum community just like this one. Ubuntu is most popular.

ricksdisconnected and pedecamp like this.
  15. pedecamp

The only way to get to Yahoo help is yahoo.com and click on help at the bottom of the page. But as you said, you ex setup your mail with her phone number so forget it without her help. Setup a new email account at Yahoo and setup a backup account at gmail, with your cell number. Mr RicksConnected or Disconnected, seems like a recurring problem?.......:hmm:

Any ways buddy, reach out to me if you want help, I enjoy these kinds of puzzles. :yesway:

ricksdisconnected and ibmorjamn like this.
  16. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain Well-Known Member

Haha old people and computers/technology!!!

It's ok, I'm slowly becoming one of you! I used to be a whiz at computers back in my teens, I lived at my computer during my teens... I admit I am starting to fall behind and routinely have my 13 year old niece help me haha...

Ok, a lot of information in this thread and I think most of it is over complicating the situation. From what I understand you weren't hack just simply forgot your password and tried too many times so Yahoo locked the account. You sure you aren't receiving emails from Yahoo for the password reset? Double check all your mail folders, I've had this happen, I tried resetting a password and was told a reset email was sent, I never received it... so I thought. After cussing and growing more frustrated it eventually showed up in my spam or advertisement folder. I was able to quickly reset my password once I discovered the email.

Only talk to Yahoo support from a source that is on the authentic Yahoo site. Never Google "Yahoo tech suppory" or Google the phone number for Yahoo... just never fallow ANY information for "help" from a Google search, they are all scams.

I don't believe you were hacked, you're simply in a over complicated password reset situation. It can be beneficial in protecting one from hackers but it can also be a royal pain in the ass if you simply forgot your password. I believe if you can get in contact with a Yahoo representative in the U.S. they can be of much greater help. I'd advise you try you hardest to get in contact with Yahoo in the U.S.

P.S.
    I just checked out the Yahoo website and there seems to be numerous options for password recovery OR reset. I saw an option for speaking to a live agent, is this how you got in contact with Yahoo? Don't contact yahoo from emails, goto the genuine website and proceed from there only.

17. ricksdisconnected

if only we could go back to pen and paper...........

Maggot Brain and ibmorjamn like this.
  18. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

There are fishing emails that are made to look legit but the address is slightly different from the actual address. There is a fake apple address. I never opened it but it was saying I was hacked,false.

Maggot Brain likes this.
  19. pedecamp

His ex wife set it up with her email and phone number, hes $h!t out of luck and needs to start from scratch. But youre right, theres no hack here just a lost password and a crappy pc that needs to be backed up and wiped. :yesway:

Maggot Brain likes this.
  20. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain Well-Known Member

Yeah that sucks big time, if she holds all the cards to resetting the password then yeah... fck that sucks.

Maybe by the grace of God she will cooperate? Unlikely I imagine... Don't worry @ricksdisconnected I am going thru some MAJOR BS in life too... Life and Woman are major buzzkills!