WTB MARSHALL nameplate BLACK

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Dirty-D, Aug 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Dirty-D

Dirty-D Member

Any one got a line on a black Marshall logo like on the RR amps I am in need of one. The one on the head box.

2. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

There was a guy on ebay who sold them from Kazakhstan. They are 3D printed and don't have the pins to mount them but you can hot glue them on. They measure out to be slightly smaller then the originals. I needed an 11 inch and it was closer to 10.

3. Dirty-D

Dirty-D Member

yeah l actually fell for one of those a while back.not at all propoer. the letters weren't beveled and the finish was glossy and yeah no pins. I put it on the shelf then it fell off and broke. l need a real one

4. Kamelnausea

Kamelnausea New Member

There's a guy on craigslist LA from tome to time offering the 9" and 11" original replacement badges, but in white only.

You can make a small aluminum foil dip tray and fill it with Rustoleum Gloss Black, $3.99 for a 4oz can and give a badge complete immersion upside-down a few times. Rest it to dry upright on the pins. Pour the tray out ea time back to the can once a uniform coating has developed.

Then you hit it again after a few days with flat black spray by "dusting" it from 14" inches above until the shine gets knocked down.

Recoatinga gloss coat too heavy with a flat, reintroduces solvents it gave off at too dissimilar of a rate which can cause re-expansion in a nasty way such as wrinkling or lifting. And then the piece is ruined.

Straight flat in one coat is lazy: due to the nature of PVA plastics, the flat easily scratches or flakes off because it has less plasticizers binding to the surface.

I've cleaned blacked badges up easy that were previously just flat-sheened: using alcohol or lacquer thinner swabs. Not so easy with gloss sheen black sprayed badges!

The base sheen matters alot. Solid PVA molded original Marshall badges in black?

NEVER seen black replacement originals available, NEVER pulled one off an RR head or cab to see if in fact, black originals were ever molded that way down to the pins, and I doubt the factory EVER wants black molded original acetate badges out there on the wholesale parts market.

Just paint it paint it / paint it black...

Dirty-D and Drinkingdeath01 like this.
  5. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

soak one in black RIT dye. Then spray it w/ a couple coats of black lacquer...

Drinkingdeath01 likes this.
  6. Lance Chambers

Lance Chambers Well-Known Member

Spray first with:

upload_2020-9-8_5-33-22.jpeg

Then spray lightly with a semi-gloss:

upload_2020-9-8_5-23-59.jpeg

:drunk:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  7. Dirty-D

Dirty-D Member

thanks you guys are the best. I got some options here now.