>

WTB: JTM 45/100 head cabinet (with correct vents)

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by playloud, Sep 21, 2021.

1. playloud

playloud Active Member

I'm about to start a "Dickinson spec" JTM 45/100 build, and I've yet to order the head cabinet.

Sourmash look good, but they're not able to do the correct short "Vox-style" vents seen on the original.

Is there anyone that does? I've also checked Valvestorm, Tube Amp Doctor, Mojotone and Modulus, but no dice.

It's not the most exciting detail to get right - especially as I'm going with red levant (benefits of making your own v. buying vintage!) - but just thought I'd check...

2. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

I had a largebox 50w cab made (with flat front lip) and then cut/routed the vents out to match the original 6503:
    [​IMG]

tce63 and playloud like this.
  3. playloud

playloud Active Member

Very nice! This is tempting... I just don't rate my woodworking abilities

tce63 likes this.
  4. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

If you have a router with nice fresh blade and a guard to get distance from edge it is pretty easy (you cut the levant to correct size with Stanley knife first otherwise it can catch and tear. Let me know and I can give you dimensions/template. I sent some dimensions to William Vogel a while ago so have some photos and dimensions.

playloud likes this.
  5. playloud

playloud Active Member

Yes, that would be amazing!

I know someone with more woodworking experience who's willing to help, so I'm going to give it a go. She doesn't have a router, but I'm sure we can borrow one/get access to a workshop.

Update: router sorted, and I'm going to order one of these from Sourmash. Does anyone know whether the dimensions of the Metro JTM 45/100 chassis will work with the standard cutouts? I would ask Valvestorm directly, but they don't seem to reply to emails (they do send orders though, so could be a spam thing).

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021