WTB: 1982 Marshall 20th Anniversary White Half Stack

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Plexitim, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Plexitim

Plexitim Member Gold Supporting Member

Looking for original Marshall 20th Anniversary white half stack. Ideal amp will be 2204 50 watt or 2203 100 watt master volume non channel switching head PLUS matching angle cab.

Adult buyer. Perfect feedback on Reverb and Ebay. No games. Principals only please.

Head and cab need to be ‘born together’ Anniversary Series not recovered or pieced together head and cab. The right amp will be in good or better condition and have inspection date and 'born with' original speaker dates that align. Your ability to ship at my expense is a huge plus. Condition and originality drive price. What do you have?

Thanks.

Tim

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  2. Ibanez123

Ibanez123 New Member

Hello! I have just the cab.. In fair condition. Interested?

3. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Well-Known Member

I had a JCM 800 20th Anni stack. It was stolen from my house in 1993. Good luck finding one. I tried to get one back in 93, and no luck. Had to settle for the 30th Anni in purple. I liked the 20th better.

4. Bloodrock

Bloodrock Well-Known Member

Theres a shady pawn shop here in ft worth tx with 2 white 1982 full stacks for sale. Way overpriced.

5. Plexitim

Thank you for your response. However I would really much prefer head and cabinet together. Very best to you!

6. Plexitim

Well that stinks that you were robbed, I'm very sorry to hear that. And I know that you are right - these are not so easy to find particularly with the level of originality I am looking for. No question about that. On the optimistic side, I've had something of a love for these since they were new, and managed to stay connected enough that I come across them here and there with a little patience. Hoping if I keep my eyes and ears open something nice will surface. Thank you for the good luck wishes.

7. Plexitim

Thank you. Yes, the place on Camp Bowie West. I know he sold 2 of the cabs, I tried to find whether any of his remaining items are original to one another but, no luck yet.

8. Sapient

Sapient   Gold Supporting Member

Around 2006 there was a mint anniversary head that I won the bid on for like $650. The seller contacted the owner and the owner said he did not win enough money on it so it was not sold. F'n sucked a medium to larger sized ball set. I thought later and regretted not just offering him more money. I mean, I would have. :idea:

9. Plexitim

Geez even then that would have been an amazing price. Did you still continue to look for one after that event?

At least from what I have seen these do surface from time to time, the main variables as they get older are about condition + originality = cost. :h5:

10. murgatroid

murgatroid Member

hey plexitim- i’m not sure how much you want to spend, but last year i found a matching 20th anniversary cab in austin for 1k to complete a full 20th ann stack, and had it shipped to me in san francisco. these amps/cabs are around if you can hang on and be diligent about your search. someone in this forum tipped me off about the final slant cab i needed, so this is a good place to inquire.
    so, hang tight- you may have to wait a bit, but you’ll eventually find them! 33A616EA-2B63-41EB-BA52-AF3651A64CB2.jpeg 2FAF6830-B3FD-4BE6-9709-0D02EE1837C3.jpeg

11. Plexitim

Hi Murgatroid,

That is a great turn of events for you, and I am really encouraged by your own experience during your hunt. I am grateful for your recommendation to stay positive and stay the course. I am optimistic that I will connect with the right amp and owner at the right time.

Kind regards. And by that way your stack is beautiful. Nicely done!

12. XTRXTR

XTRXTR Well-Known Member

I'm curious. I have a 20th anniversary 2204 full stack. I bought it at the time of their introduction. Its real. Only mods were the bias resistor for any tube and added the 1 Ohm resistors on the power tube cathodes. Filter caps have been replaced a few times over. It's not mint I used it about 3 decades but it's not trash either. Badges still on original grill etc. Technically it was built in 83 but it is a 20th white stack.

I'm not splitting the cabs, its all legit. Let me know what the offer range is, I'll think about selling. All correspondence remains private, not discussed on any forum.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  13. bigbadorange

bigbadorange Well-Known Member

Drinkingdeath01 likes this.
  14. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Well-Known Member

I'm not buying that thing in Vegas to be original. Mine had G12-65's, 100w, but looked close to the one in the ad.

15. Plexitim

I'm probably a little bit old school but I follow what things actually sell for (completed sale) on some key instrument sites and auction sites. That to me over 3-4 months time is the true market value. Add a premium for excellent condition. I also think collectibles follow housing by 6-9 months. And the housing market is headed for correction.

Pretty much ignore people who are on a fishing expedition thinking theirs is worth double. Hey, maybe he'll find that buyer. But it won't be me.

16. pelican

pelican Member

There's one for sale near me in raleigh, but price is about $8k for 2204 half stack

Plexitim likes this.
  17. Plexitim

Thank you for keeping you eyes open.

Price seems pretty high.

18. Plexitim

Hey there, pelican. I also saw your exchange on a different forum on a for sale head. Just wanted to say thank you for keeping your feelers out there. Every bit helps. :jam:

19. Sapient

Sapient   Gold Supporting Member

I look periodically but don't have much interest anymore. A few years ago there was a mint head the guy had for 2K then dropped it down to 1K OBO. He was gonna take $900! I passed for some reason. I guess I didn't care too much at the time either.

The problem is, to me, that they have seen their time. I mean they are so old now and yellow and beat up usually that's there is just no appeal to me anymore. Life changes I guess.

Good luck to you though. I'll keep an eye out.

:cheers:

20. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Never give up Plexitim. I searched for a Lead 12 Plexi micro stack for over 20 years and finally one popped up locally last month. Keep searching and you'll enjoy it more once the day arrives.:cheers: