Wireless systems????

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Drinkingdeath01, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Drinkingdeath01

Drinkingdeath01 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I'm looking for a cheap yet decent quality wireless system and was hoping a few of you guys could recommend one ? I'm just looking for one to bum around the house with with my new Postitive Grid Spark.

I bought a Line 6 one but I could never get it to work.

2. Sapient

Sapient Reformed Witchdoctor Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

3. Sustainium

Sustainium Well-Known Member

Thevenin and Drinkingdeath01 like this.
  4. WellBurnTheSky

WellBurnTheSky Well-Known Member

What's your issue with the Line6 one ?

I've used lots of different wireless systems over the years and never could get along with the companding circuit of analog systems (as it changes the way the amps reacts to variations in your playing and what you do with guitar controls), so the L6 systems were a big improvement (as since they're digital they don't have any companding circuitry). I've used the G30 and now have both the G70 and G75 (I initially purchased the G75 and needed a 2nd transmitter, and got a G70 system for less than what the transmitter was costing). I'm super happy with it, A/Bed it several times with a good cable and couldn't find any difference in tone or feel.
    From my experience with wireless systems (I'm also a soundguy, so I get to work with higher-end systems ala Shure ULX-D and Axient or Sennhiser D6000 on a regular basis), you need to spend a lot of cash (as in, several thousands a pop) to get a good analog system that's on par with a cable. So the Line6 is a good choice unless you're playing arenas and stadiums on a regular basis.

TXOldRedRocker and FracStrat like this.
  5. FracStrat

FracStrat Well-Known Member

What Well Burn Said
    I use the Boss WL series stuff ……no issues

Thevenin likes this.
  6. madh4ttr

madh4ttr Member

Ive used a fairly inexpensive Line 6 wireless for years, never any issues.

7. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I bought a Shure and straight out the box wouldn't work, I returned it and bought Line 6 and have not had issues with it for a year and a half now.

8. Thevenin

Thevenin Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I've been using the Boss WL50 around the house, sometimes outside, with no problems. Works great through walls and you can crank your amps.

FracStrat likes this.
  9. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

When I used to do sound all the time, in the '80s/90s, we always had issues w/ wireless systems. People would do soundcheck & everything was perfect. As soon as the show started & the house lights came on - no wireless. If they had guitar & bass on wireless, they were always surprised, but we never were. They'd spend the 1st song trying to get the guitar/bass sound on.

We'd always tell them, have a wire handy, just incase...

I have a Rexer, that I bought, back, around '93? or so, that, was at the time cutting edge. They went from VHF to UHF in frequency range.

Now, I see though, that a lot of those are illegal to use, since they made the digital moratorium, like w/ TV/radio, etc.

But, the old analogue ones, could really hurt your signal. I hear a lot of people say that the L6 are very transparent, people that would have never used L6 otherwise...

Maybe figure out why the L6 doesn't seem to work & run w/ it, once you get it going, or? :shrug:

WellBurnTheSky likes this.
  10. matttornado

matttornado Well-Known Member

I been using this for a while now at practice and live gigs and it's be fantastic. Cost 35 dollars shipped from ebay. USB rechargeable.
    Has really good reviews too.

picture.jpg

edit: i used it friday night at an outdoor gig and it kept cutting out on me. not sure why.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    CraigP likes this.