Why were the Valvestate amps discontinued?

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya'll can go suck a big fat one... the 8100 is a gat-damn LEGEND !!!! :monkey:

Meshugga, InFlames, Prong... come on man.

Yes it can. So can any pedal in front of many amps. The Legend needs no others perpetuating an easy to get sound.

Doesn't make a legend of any kind of circle jerk I'd be proud of...distance counts. She said.

6stringz

Reaction score
How do you like the ruby tube. I use a groove tube in mine.
My VS65R tube had absolutely no identifiers on it.
I was getting some mirophonic 'after ringing' at high gain so I swapped it for a JJ ECC83S and that made a great improvement.

Last edited:

6stringz

Reaction score
Its funny all the disrespect about amps. I have a 120 watt peavey ultra head. Also 40 watt blackstar. Their amplifiers. I don't need a amp I have to blast to get breakup. I like American voiced amps as well. 5150 signature. Unique sounding brutal amp. I'm not a tube snob or a solid state snob. If your amp does it for you thats cool. What about mesa bogner friedman on and on and on. We let our ears to tell us what we like. I don't favor one brand of amps. Some people don't have 1000s to spend.

Last edited:

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the Fuck off my forum. When I wink at my girl and she winks back? I've got ballz clacking, thighs smacking mids clacking?

All I can say is choo choo train. Ballz deep!

wakjob

Reaction score
1fe001793c8e0fbd7c7928c091dc8c1a.png

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
High gain palm mutes had a strange 'bell-like' ring that lasted a split second after the note.
I assumed that the blank tube it came with was the original since all aftermarket tubes have the makers mark on them.
I have limited tube rolling experience, so I just went for a standard JJ ECC83.
The JJ sorted it out.

Apart from that this '97 amp is solid.

6stringz

Reaction score
Last owner could of put any type of tube in your amp. Glad the jj is working well.

6stringz

Reaction score
High gain palm mutes had a strange 'bell-like' ring that lasted a split second after the note.
I assumed that the blank tube it came with was the original since all aftermarket tubes have the makers mark on them.
I have limited tube rolling experience, so I just went for a standard JJ ECC83.
The JJ sorted it out.

Apart from that this '97 amp is solid.

6stringz

Reaction score
I just seen a Marshall vs20 at guitar center. $225 If your ears like it keep it. Low maintanece 20 or 30 for a preamp tube. They are reliable. You can even swap out the speaker to get more low end. I kept my original speakers. When I run it through a 412 much better tone. At least the vs amps don't have to kill all small rodents in my yard. To get breakup. You got to cook tube amps. If I won a lottery I would have stacks of amps.