>

Why No Logos On Television?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by fifteenohms, May 19, 2019.

1. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

That is so funny - Marsha, Marsha, Marsha (gives me an idea for a name of my Marshall aka Marsha ! It has a nice ring to it ! )

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  2. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

I also think you have to win the best Post of the day with the photo of the first amp which I think used to read Bassman ? Then if that is not correct then it must be Kramers amp from Seinfeld .

3. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

A precisely placed shipping label can make all the difference,

[​IMG]

4. ssolo8

ssolo8 Member

The guy that said no free advertising from the TV station is correct. All the commercials pay money to get seen on that show. Marshall has paid nothing and is getting to be seen on that show. The station, or the show, thought they could squeeze out an extra nickel by blacking out logos, but as we've all seen, that didn't work, and all that nonsense went away after a while.

5. JonSick

JonSick Active Member

A tour we had in the early 2000s demanded the taping of all logos. The main dudes were endorsed by various people and I too was not allowed to even display the Jackson logo on my guitar. We got people asking why we taped up our logos, tried to make out some anti-establishment thing, but really it was part of our contract. Oh and the demands that we were not allowed above a certain level on their shonky decibel meter. The last show we ignored all that and lost a gig's worth of pay, but so worth it.

I only recently saw something similar. Played a gig in London and we were instructed not to bring backline. After further investigation, I decided their backline sucked and I'd bring my own. It was a pretty silly situation, my Marshall and cab were side-filled with a big black cloth over it and the pub's sponsors equipment was all up front, making out that was what I was using. Our bassist had similar issues and ended up side-filling too. And this is a regular venue, not exactly the Ritz.

In the days where sponsorship dictates musical success, those days are pretty much back again IMO.

WellBurnTheSky likes this.
  6. solarburnDSL50

solarburnDSL50 Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Whores minus genitals are sponsors.

I prefer a sleazy juice box over a dictating prick advertisement. Even with party favors.

Nothing more greasy than money manipulating cheese dicks that give a shit what you want/like.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  7. jupiter89

jupiter89 Active Member

While on this topic, I would like to mention a TV commercial for a drug called Humira that pissed me off. In it is a band whose female vocalist has Chrohn's disease and during practice has to apparently use the bathroom which happens frequently with that ailment. Well now while on the medication it's under control and you see her performing with the band live on stage happily. What wasn't happy was me when I saw a Marshall stack with no logo on the head or the cabinets ! None on any other equipment either. I hate seeing the commercial (even though that lead singer is very easy on the eyes lol). If you haven't seen it Google Humira TV Commercial