Why no arrogant posters in here?

PelliX

Reaction score
Damn, has it ever bothered you since?

The toenail came back once, so I re-applied my fix. That time it worked. The appendix? No. I don't really know whether I still have it, but if it would have burst my survival would have been quite unlikely. I'm one of those believers in the no-claim bonus for medical insurance... :rofl:

Flag

Reaction score
used a dremmel?

I've drilled a hole in my nail a couple x's, when smashed. I just got a tiny drill bit & drilled it by rubbing my finger/thumb w/ the bit between it. When the bit broke through, on the inside, it wants to grab & go right in, so, you have to be quick to stop, even though doing it w/ very limited pressure & drilling speed, etc.

But, yeah, the bruising is blood under the nail, & peroxide clears it up. The main thing though, is the hole relieves the pressure of the swelling under the nail, so the pain underneath diminishes by more than 50% very quickly...
Exactly, I went really slow then cooled it as I went. soon as I hit the sweet spot, I felt the relief.

Flag

Reaction score
The toenail came back once, so I re-applied my fix. That time it worked. The appendix? No. I don't really know whether I still have it, but if it would have burst my survival would have been quite unlikely. I'm one of those believers in the no-claim bonus for medical insurance... :rofl:
Even though I have it now, I avoid it as much as possible. last time I was at the doc getting an A1-C some lady sat right next to me coughing her head off. sure enough, two days later I started get sick as hell. it lasted for two weeks so I guess it was the flu.

PelliX

Reaction score
Even though I have it now, I avoid it as much as possible. last time I was at the doc getting an A1-C some lady sat right next to me coughing her head off. sure enough, two days later I started get sick as hell. it lasted for two weeks so I guess it was the flu.

Last time (knock on wood) was about 10 years ago for me. Had a nasty infection in my neck and needed antibiotics. Cleared right up but that would have gone south if left untreated. As you said, sometimes you have to do what you have to do, right. :)

Beltalowda

Reaction score
I don't post often, but I love this place. I'm on here every day, pretty much. Like many of us, I've been on a few guitar/gear forums, but this one just feels different. It's got a chill vibe and feels more 'real' or something. I dunno. :shrug:

Anyway, carry on!

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
used a dremmel?

I've drilled a hole in my nail a couple x's, when smashed. I just got a tiny drill bit & drilled it by rubbing my finger/thumb w/ the bit between it. When the bit broke through, on the inside, it wants to grab & go right in, so, you have to be quick to stop, even though doing it w/ very limited pressure & drilling speed, etc.

But, yeah, the bruising is blood under the nail, & peroxide clears it up. The main thing though, is the hole relieves the pressure of the swelling under the nail, so the pain underneath diminishes by more than 50% very quickly...

WTF !
Are you guys into pain or what?
I'm anxious just visualizing you drilling your nails .
I couldn't imagine doing that, and I've opted for plenty of non hospital options over the years.
Crazy mf

PelliX

Reaction score
WTF !

I'm very much into getting out of pain! Like a circuit, sometimes you have to make the odd incision... My father had been a captain at sea, and in his time they tought you how to use the carpenter's tools to fix people, to put it simply. Perhaps that got passed on genetically, I dunno.

jchrisf

Reaction score
WTF !
I couldn't imagine doing that, and I've opted for plenty of non hospital options over the years.
Crazy mf
If you ever smash your finger under the nail you won't have any problem doing it to relief the pain.. it just keeps getting worse and worse with all that pressure of the blood under the nail. As soon as you relief the pressure you relief the pain.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
If you ever smash your finger under the nail you won't have any problem doing it to relief the pain.. it just keeps getting worse and worse with all that pressure of the blood under the nail. As soon as you relief the pressure you relief the pain.
Contractor of 40 years.
Been there,done that ....... got the shirt !
.........I just never had to drill through the nail , yet !

Geeze

Reaction score
Crazy mf
When you gotta, ya gotta! I worked with a guy at my last job whose teeth were rotting and breaking. When he'd feel a sharp point he'd stick an air powered die grinder with an abrasive wrap wheel in his mouth and let 'er rip to smooth the sharp point down. If you don't know what a die grinder is a good analogy is the dentist drill is your momma's 500HP sedan and the die grinder is a 4 second 10000HP top fuel dragster.

Russ

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I've used a Dremel tool to drill a hole through my fingernail once. I had hit it a couple days before nailing up a few things. was turning awful and swelling bad. in those days I had no insurance at all. I slowly drilled a tiny hole and kept soaking it in peroxide. sometimes you have to do, what you have to do.
Years ago I got a nasty TJI splinter into the web of my right hand (between the index finger and thumb.. I couldn’t get it out for a couple of days,, and the skin had healed over it.. it started to swell up and hurt like hell, I took a pinvice and a number 79 drill bit.. and drilled into the web of my hand..
Got all the puss and eventually 3 pieces of wood came out.. but I have never drilled through a fingernail..
Ouch

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
When you gotta, ya gotta! I worked with a guy at my last job whose teeth were rotting and breaking. When he'd feel a sharp point he'd stick an air powered die grinder with an abrasive wrap wheel in his mouth and let 'er rip to smooth the sharp point down. If you don't know what a die grinder is a good analogy is the dentist drill is your momma's 500HP sedan and the die grinder is a 4 second 10000HP top fuel dragster.

Russ
I'll stick to modern medicine.
For now.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the dremel. A die grinder will make short work of it. Pound for pound , the diegrinder is a monster at 20000 rpm, in one's mouth is another story lol

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
WTF !
Crazy mf
there's really zero pain (except the throbbing pain of the smash) when you're drilling through the nail. When you poke through, it is a bit tender underneath, so, it does feel like you're stabbing it, but, as slow as I go, (twisting the bit by hand), it's easy to stop right away & back the bit out...

The momentary feel of the stab is nothing, compared to the pure relief, from that point onward.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
I don't post often, but I love this place. I'm on here every day, pretty much. Like many of us, I've been on a few guitar/gear forums, but this one just feels different. It's got a chill vibe and feels more 'real' or something. I dunno. :shrug:

Anyway, carry on!
That's because the mods give us a small virtual dose of thorazine upon login,just to keep us manageable

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
I've said this many times in personal threads and post, this place is special and I love everyone here. I instantly notices this even way back like 10 years ago when I first joined... Granted there were definitely some aholes and dbags back then but I still felt the charm of the serious members. I was always impressed with how helpful and non judgmental the regular were and for the past 10+ years this is the only forum I've truly been a member. I've made post here and there on other forums but usually got tired of the riff raff or it turned into a ghost town.

These days this place is pretty quiet compared to the past but I kinda dig that... it's usually just us regulars every day 😄 it almost feels like a club house and when outsiders come in and cause trouble they get their ass handed to them on the way out. I don't understand online arguments personally, if I'm wrong about something I'll 100% admit it, I have no ego per se but on the flip if I'm right and someone challenges me again I don't waste time or energy, I have no ego to need to prove to someone I'm right.

I lurk on other forums for information but this is the only place on the internet I come to daily.

That's not to say we don't have some arrogant members but to their benefit they can usually back up what they say and generally admit what they can't... Imo that's pretty acceptable, it comes with age and experience.

Plus everyone knows Marshalls are dad rock amps .. not many young trouble makers.

PelliX

Reaction score
You nail-drillers are the most arrogant MFers I've ever heard of. The teeth pullers are a close second in arrogancery.

Somehow the adjectives "determined", "resourceful" and perhaps "dogmatic" spring to mind before "arrogant" :shrug: We just take DIY one step further in that particular direction, for whatever reason, haha!

Flag

Reaction score
Years ago I got a nasty TJI splinter into the web of my right hand (between the index finger and thumb.. I couldn’t get it out for a couple of days,, and the skin had healed over it.. it started to swell up and hurt like hell, I took a pinvice and a number 79 drill bit.. and drilled into the web of my hand..
Got all the puss and eventually 3 pieces of wood came out.. but I have never drilled through a fingernail..
Ouch
Splinters are really painful plus the nail has no nerves. so long as you don't go beyond the bottom of it all is good...lol

Flag

Reaction score
WTF !
Crazy mf
I was in the Plumbing Trade over four decades. half of it working for two companies and the last half on my own. any day I came home with all my body parts or not injured, was a good one. ting hole in the nail, meh:)

Latest posts