Which reverb and delay pedals work best with JCM2000s?

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by bubbagump, Apr 11, 2009.

1. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

I'm a newbie on the forum, and this forum rocks.

I just got a tsl 602 combo. I love the OD channels but I could use a little more reverb. Any pedal suggestions? I'm tempted to get a holy grail pedal. Has anyone tried this on a JCM2000 (DSL or TSL)? if so I'd appreciate your feedback.

Also, which delay pedal would work best with a TSL? I've tried a DD3 and the OD channels didn't like it.

Thanks.

2. The Mick

The Mick New Member

There should be no issue with an amp not liking it. That just don't make much since. Both those pedals should be fine.

3. MaidenStrat02

MaidenStrat02 Member

True. Any time based effects should be last in the chain and preferably in the FX loop. I have used a DD3 (both normal & modded) but now I use a MXR Carbon Copy which is an awesome analog delay.You must be setting something up wrong or I don't know. Millions of guitarists have\are using DD3s' with no issues.

Just my .02's.:hmm:

4. kharvelan

kharvelan New Member

I use an alesis quadraverb through the effects loop. it's got about every kind of delay, chorus, flange etc you'd ever want, and you can get em on ebay for like 40 bucks!

I'd say pick one up used and have fun with it, if you need something more fancy, feel free to spend major bucks, but I gotta say it's pretty much all I've ever needed.

5. bubbagump

bubbagump New Member

Thanks. I'll check it out. I've tried the mxr carbon copy and the boss dd-3 but I've had no luck. They seem to not work well with the lead channel.