Where's My Blueberries?

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
That reminds me when I called into work sick one time, for real. I was very sick and completely out of it. A lady answered the phone and I told her I wasn't able to make it in today because I was really sick. She asked who I was and I told her my name. She said, you don't even work here anymore. I said, what do you mean I worked there yesterday, am I fired or something? She said, you haven't worked here for like 5 years now. I repeated, but I was just there yesterday. She said, honey, I'm telling you you haven't worked here for about 5 years.

I had to pause and I'm saying what the hell is going on I know I was just there yesterday. I'm going on, where am I what year is it what the hell is going on. I asked her name and once I realized who I was talking to (a lady I use to work with) and I called the wrong place she started laughing hard. I heard her yell out, hey everyone (my name here) is calling in sick and wont be able to make it in today! I could here her and several other people laughing in the background.

I thought I was in the damn twilight zone for a second and was loosing my damn mind. It took me a few to remember where I really worked to call the right place. Talk about a complete mind f*ck first thing in the morning.

laughter.png

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That reminds me when I called into work sick one time, for real. I was very sick and completely out of it. A lady answered the phone and I told her I wasn't able to make it in today because I was really sick. She asked who I was and I told her my name. She said, you don't even work here anymore. I said, what do you mean I worked there yesterday, am I fired or something? She said, you haven't worked here for like 5 years now. I repeated, but I was just there yesterday. She said, honey, I'm telling you you haven't worked here for about 5 years.

I had to pause and I'm saying what the hell is going on I know I was just there yesterday. I'm going on, where am I what year is it what the hell is going on. I asked her name and once I realized who I was talking to (a lady I use to work with) and I called the wrong place she started laughing hard. I heard her yell out, hey everyone (my name here) is calling in sick and wont be able to make it in today! I could here her and several other people laughing in the background.

I thought I was in the damn twilight zone for a second and was loosing my damn mind. It took me a few to remember where I really worked to call the right place. Talk about a complete mind f*ck first thing in the morning.
THAT is comedy right there, lol.

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
back when I was supervisor of the night shift we’d always get callouts on payday.

Dumbest one was one of the fellows called in, I could clearly hear bar noises and he says “hey I won’t be in, I’m sick”.
Next call is his best buddy, he says “me too”.

Morons.

Latest posts