Where have these LTD's all gone?

PowerTube44

Reaction score
A few years ago, I bought an LTD Deluxe MH-1000 in a pawn shop. Real Floyd, EMG 81/85 combo, extra-jumbo frets. I liked it except for one thing: I don't like plain white guitars. So I wound up trading it against something else.

Lately I've been GASing for another one, but this time, not in such a plain Jane finish.

Something like this:

MH1001-1-Black.jpg
For years I saw them hanging in local stores in abundance. Now ESP has done away with the abalone neck binding/purfling, whatever you want to call it. And the few I find either don't have a Floyd, or they have the "other" headstock I don't like as much, or they're beat to hell, or you name it.

I especially want one in Green Quilt, but would also consider Blue, Cherry Red, or possibly Black.

GC? Nothing at the moment. Reverb? A couple that have the wrong headstock, or are beaten up, or are string-through, or priced at a thousand or more.

How have these all just disappeared?

Drinkingdeath01

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few years ago, I bought an LTD Deluxe MH-1000 in a pawn shop. Real Floyd, EMG 81/85 combo, extra-jumbo frets. I liked it except for one thing: I don't like plain white guitars. So I wound up trading it against something else.

Lately I've been GASing for another one, but this time, not in such a plain Jane finish.

Something like this:

View attachment 100261
For years I saw them hanging in local stores in abundance. Now ESP has done away with the abalone neck binding/purfling, whatever you want to call it. And the few I find either don't have a Floyd, or they have the "other" headstock I don't like as much, or they're beat to hell, or you name it.

I especially want one in Green Quilt, but would also consider Blue, Cherry Red, or possibly Black.

GC? Nothing at the moment. Reverb? A couple that have the wrong headstock, or are beaten up, or are string-through, or priced at a thousand or more.

How have these all just disappeared?
Try Music Go Round. They had one in satin black a couple of weeks ago. Great guitars.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Those may be Japanese releases.

*Update - Oops.

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
Not sure where they went except happy homes. I used to see them everywhere to , well the single cut ones that had the abalone binding EC1000 . Just not there anymore.
I saw a 80’s SG in a pawn shop recently , black $1500. Not a single ESP, LTD.

Last edited:

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Not sure where they went except happy homes. I used to them everywhere to , well the single cut ones that had the abalone binding EC1000 . Just not there anymore.
I saw a 80’s SG in a pawn shop recently , black $1500. Not a single ESP, LTD.

I still see a bazillion of the used EC1000's all over the place, but the model(s) I'm after have all but disappeared.