when u die !

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by Exotic, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

I hope my kid would want to keep a few bits.

There are too many vultures who prey on the survivors - may they rot in hell. It's a very good idea to have pricing and trusted friends to assist the [maybe] grieving widow in selling off the unwanted bits. I'm on speed dial for four of my friends for this very purpose.

Russ

Exotic likes this.
  2. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

ok it seems just recently a member of ibanez collector's world has passed away (rip) and the man had stated that he prefer that members of the forum get first crack at his guitars ,he had like 24 or 26 but something like 17 have been found ,he might have given some away to people who could not afford a guitar . i think all of these or at least most of these are ibanez ,including 3 ibanez destroyers ,and one with a very interesting pedigree ,once belonging to randy rhoads (rip) check out the photos below ,if u would like to throw ur hat into the ring i can set u up ,as for me i'm sitting this one out ,i'm set with my gear and i'm paying off my debts ,enjoy .

1UFIUFF (Mobile).jpeg
    ZCGBhKX (Mobile).jpg

El Gringo and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  3. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

the above photo inspired me to take a photo of my own .

IMG_3401 (Mobile).JPG

El Gringo and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  4. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This was my uncle's. Given to me by my aunt last year though he passed about ten years ago. 1941 D-18. Needed a neck reset, frets and some other minor things.
    Have not made plans for my stuff yet.

5. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

wow 1941 ,very interesting . have not made plans for my stuff yet either except ,just saying give my stuff to my brother ,but that's about it . what do u think of the randy rhoads connection? and what brand is your guitar ,is it worth alot? because of it's age? thank you for sharing

6. Marshall Boogie

Marshall Boogie Well-Known Member

Same as others here, everything goes to my daughter and she is well aware of what is valuable and what isn't. Your heirs should be known and informed.

7. Ramo

Ramo Well-Known Member

Ill see if my son has no interest in it he can sell it, if he cant be bothered i tell him to burry me with It all in a big hole.

ill put note to not mess up my amp settings and tune my guitars :)

8. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

but but ,what do u guys think of the randy rhoads connection?

9. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

The Randy connection is cool but I suspect without some kind of well documented proof of ownership it adds little if any value.
    The D18 is a Martin; when I had the repairs done it was appraised at 15-20k despite the wear and repairs. My aunt is not well off so her passing it on was really great.

10. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Universities are richer than any of us will ever be

Don't donate stuff to em unless you want it to either gather dust in a storage room, get embezzled, or more like first a then b

Exotic likes this.
  11. SLICKFASTER

SLICKFASTER Member

Everything goes in the hole with me!!!

Exotic likes this.
  12. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Reads like a bad joke.

Do you know that, according to sociologists, you are literally 6 degrees of separation (person-who-knows-person steps) away from ANYONE on the planet?

And chances are your 6th degree is somebody like the recluse Dictator Kim's bodyguard's elderly mother, because your 5th degree is Dictator Kim's bodyguard, and your 4th degree is Dictator Kim himself.

...because yes, living in America, Dictator Kim IS indeed in your 2nd - 4th degree, because you certainly know somebody who knows somebody who met Dennis Rodman and/or President Trump

Why am I saying this? Because these wacky chain of people references make it sound like some sort of solid "connection", but really, it's no more solid than your own personal connection to Dictator Kim's bodyguard's elderly momma ---- less so, actually

Exotic likes this.
  13. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

rofl ,wether that's true or not ,gotta love it thanks for that
    u deserve a clarice :agreed:

14. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

now that i stopped laughing ,it just hit me ,but aren't u missing the point? it's not the people ,it's that the guitar once belonged to randy rhoads .

15. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

Nice clip and some nice playing ! You are a very lucky dude to have a special guitar like that from your Grandfather !

Exotic and mcblink like this.
  16. El Gringo

I have had the same thought as well . I have one vulture of a out of town family member that will be waiting to pick the bones apart for scraps and he will have to go thru my sister ( ha ha and good luck with that :rofl:) and 2 of my closest and dearest friends , who really are Family ! and are the best !

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Exotic likes this.
  17. Exotic

Exotic Well-Known Member

what do u think a private investigator could do? could he ask rick derringer if it is true?
    and could then one of those certificate of athenticity companies make up a cert for the guitar ? and then how much would it sell for at a prestigious auction house like christies or sotheby's? think of it! an ibanez destroyer once owned by randy rhoads with a coa ?

18. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

Thank you and thank you. As I said, I don't get it out often, but it's fun when I do!

19. El Gringo

Exactly, and that is part of what makes it so special . . Once again my compliments on that Vintage Beauty !

Mitchell Pearrow, mcblink and Exotic like this.
  20. Cold Shot

Cold Shot Well-Known Member

I'm only 29 and engaged, so no kids or anything yet, but I want my American Std. Strat to be passed down. That guitar is my prized possession. I'll more than likely value the others before I ride the soul train. Don't know if I'm going north or south yet. :D

Exotic likes this.