When Posers Get Exposed

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Madonna’s songs. I even went to see her in concert with an old girlfriend (and it was a hell of a fun time!).
I like "Love Don't Live Here Anymore", but that's it.

The only thing I ever favored about Madonna was her role in the classic movie "A League Of Their Own".

Last edited:

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Madonna’s songs. I even went to see her in concert with an old girlfriend (and it was a hell of a fun time!).
Yeah, sure, you went with a chick and the show was fun. But if you tell me you bought her CD's and you play them in your car, then I think we need to have a little talk.
:rofl:

Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
As a matter of fact, when I'm in a mellow music mood, rather than a rock mood, Madonna's collection album "Something To Remember" is one I'm likely to play again as I've played it more times than I can count in the past. It's mostly very good and soothing to listen to.

As I get older I find that I'm easing up on the attitude of youth. I absoutely totally hated disco music and any band associated with it, but these days, I can acknowledge and appreciate the sheer brilliance of the music of The Bee Gees and some other prominent players in that genre. Earth, Wind, and Fire was also an incredible band though I had no interest in that style of music back then, and not much now, as well.

"How Deep Is Your Love" by The Bee Gees is one of the most beautiful songs to be created in the entire 20th century. There's just no way to deny that. For proof see how many ways it's been covered, by classical orchestras and stringed instrument quartets, and pretty much every category of musician.

The first time I saw this....just pure happiness.

PelliX

Reaction score
yeah these people suck.
i personally ever wear logo type shirts of this nature
or sports teams shirts either. im not into the billboard look.
i do think there are these types out there. had a real hot spanish
chic come into work today in a AC/DC shirt. told her i liked AC DC too.
and she had no idea what i was talking about lol.

I have this a fair deal. Some chick wears the classic Stones shirt with the tongue. I comment "cool shirt, I dig the Stones, too.". Invariably something comes back to the tune of "...wha? My mom/dad bought it for me...". At which point I should actually move on to chatting with the parents instead.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yeah, sure - you went with a chick and the show was fun. But if you tell me you bought her CD's and you play them in your car, then I think we need to have a little talk.
:rofl:

Can’t say I’m enough of a fan to wear a t-shirt lol.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I actually don't care either way...

What I find funny is, when you get a "fan", who won't pay a cent for the band's music, nor product(s), yet criticize someone who isn't a fan, who helps keep their band alive...

Some women can look sexy wearing a concert t (the way they wear it - fan or not). Why should they be denied that?

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
I'm in my 40's and still wear band T's, so what. I've been wearing them since I was like 9 back in the 80's and see no reason to stop. I still wear regular t's as well and some graphic t's with Members Only Jackets and other popular 80's style jackets. I also like wearing a leather biker jacket or Denim trucker jacket often as well (I have a little thing for jackets and double denim :D), Levi's 501's and Reebok Classics hi-tops/low tops and Casio watches. Pretymuch all 80's style all the time for me. IDGAF what anyone thinks it's what I love and am comfortable with myself in. I don't like the posers though that just wear them to make some sort of fashion statement. I like real rock and metal girls especially ones that like the 80's stuff, not some fake fabrication of one. :noway:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I ask you this day:
Is not sporting an amp with the Marshall logo the same as wearing the T-shirt?
I don’t know Vin I wear gear T’s and work T’s .. what concert T’s I still have left is a Maiden T from the Killer’s tour.
But I have seen many who have no clue.
Cheers

Vinsanitizer

VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know Vin I wear gear T’s and work T’s .. what concert T’s I still have left is a Maiden T from the Killer’s tour.
But I have seen many who have no clue.
Cheers
Hmm.. Outside of old band names like Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Metallica, etc. do you see any younger people wearing their favorite band t-shirts? I don't think I've seen anyone wearing an Ed Sheeran or Panic at the Disco shirt.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm.. Outside of old band names like Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Metallica, etc. do you see any younger people wearing their favorite band t-shirts? I don't think I've seen anyone wearing an Ed Sheeran or Panic at the Disco shirt.
All that ever catches my eye is what I see.
I have an old Sabbath Bloody Sabbath T that I wear . I seen a young girl wearing the same T ,, I tripped out because she had never heard of them..
:shrug:
Thanks

PelliX

Reaction score
no cause most that wear them actually own a marshall amp.
at least im pretty sure.

Up front, I don't 'do' the billboard thing, but I also don't mind wearing a (brand)name of someone or something I like. I avoid 'individuals' (Hendrix shirt might be an exception, but don't have one right now, anyway). Anyhow, I was looking at the Marshall 60th bomber jacket the other day. I bet it's cheap quality and nowhere near worth the dosh, but if I was handed one or offered one for a few tenners, I'd wear it.

The key difference between my approach and the 'posers' is that I evaluate just what it is I'm wearing. The other day I had one of my Fender shirts on - I stand behind (some/a fair deal of) Fender products. They make some absolute crap, too - but I'd be hard pressed to name a band or brand that never made something I dislike.

I think it was somewhere in the 90's that text on clothes stopped having to make any sense. As a kid that annoyed me, and I refused to wear the shirts that just had random words garbled together - you know the kind. If I don't understand or can't make out what something says I'm not wearing it.

Has anybody here actually ever seen/felt those Marshall bombers? If they're anywhere near decent quality, I'd be tempted.

kinleyd

Reaction score
Go ahead and make fun of me, but I’m 47, and still wear rock t-shirts on occasion … wearing a Motley Crue tour t-shirt I picked up at a show in 2015 right now as a matter of fact! Yep, I can still pull it off and look cool 😎

What’s your take on this? Cheap shots, or a legit dig?

Yup, quite a number of posers in there. But I have a little sympathy for the guys who drew a blank - because I have started to blank out more often lately.