When are there supposed to be Golden years ?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by ibmorjamn, Oct 8, 2019.

1. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I hope your tests tomorrow go well and the results are negative...sending prayers your way Budd!

tce63 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  2. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you

3. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

Then I am guessing everyone does not understand what the 1% are or means.

4. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Neil , you are so right. I guess I just hit a few bumps in the road. No reason to stop the journey, right ?

I guess when I was young I was to busy spending money and having fun instead of thinking about my future. 20/20 hindsight but I can’t see ahead for shit.

Neil Skene and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  5. ibmorjamn

Well said Bft.

Mitchell Pearrow and BftGibson like this.
  6. ibmorjamn

Sorry to here the Axe. My daughter had colon cancer at a young age. She is ok so far, being her dad it was so hard to see her battle it. We Were so scared. She became much stronger than before. She is signing up for nursing.

7. guzzis3

guzzis3 Well-Known Member

Well when I was young it was the 1% of motorcyclists who thought because they owned a bike and belonged to a gang they didn't have to abide by the rules the rest of society kept to.

Then a bunch of dole bludging over educated communists decided it meant the wealthiest people in the USA, until it was pointed out to them that compared to the billions in undeveloped countries we are all massively wealthy fat lazy ultra consumers.

If you go through life consumed by hate the best way to avoid confronting it is to externalise it, so you find a heretic to burn, and if there happens to be a cult handy to help you facilitate that all the better.

In my experience most wealthy people built a business out of something they loved, were good at it and got rich pretty much by accident. Sure there are wealthy complete AH's, but there are also poor AH's and middle class AH's. No one has a monopoly on hate nor bad behaviour. We get a small say in who governs us, we get to make all sorts of choices denied others. Yep we share our countries with AH's. You don't have to like it, but don't let it run your life because that will hurt you far more than them.

Mitchell Pearrow and ibmorjamn like this.
  8. guzzis3

I really shouldn't keep reading this thread should I ? :D

ibmorjamn likes this.
  9. MarshallDog

If one builds a business and treats their GOOD employees fairly that is awesome and they deserve to make as much as they can. The issue here in America (at least) is that we have these ass jockeys that suck their way to the top of a Corporation that they have no blood sweat and/or tears invested in and phuck everyone over and screw up the company while they get rich and get big bonuses and then leave after the company fails or closes and they live happily ever after on their mega millions and/or do it again to another company...that is the issue (period)!

10. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

The problem is 25 or less people controlling as much wealth as the other 300 million of us....................

mickeydg5 likes this.
  11. slide222

slide222 Well-Known Member

so when ya young , everything works how it should , but you lack everything , experience , knowledge , love experience ,money , guitars , amps , a house , the list is never ending-but you have a pretty young lady ……..but then as you get old nothing works as it should , but you are life experienced , you have money , many guitars , many amps , a house, illness , and an old woman who moans most of the day , and everything is your fault - its golden , or is it a stained kind of faded off yellow greyish ,but on the bright side your guitar playing is vastly improved , but your hearing now 40% down and you need little amps in your ears , cause you can't hear without them , and you now have dentures that need glue to hold them in

12. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

Yep. I've watched many "successful" people climb the ladder by doing nothing more than burning down those around them. Last man standing type of deal.

13. guzzis3

My point is not that there are no wealthy or powerful AH's. My point is there are AH's everywhere and there is nothing any of us can do about it. If you make that the center of your life you condemn yourself to misery and failure.

To people in Sudan we, all of us in the west, are a pack of AH pillagers. We fished their waters out, we took their country for everything we could. The whole 1997 asian currency crisis was about mostly american capital getting out as their completely unsustainable investments collapsed, transferring that debt via the imf to some of the poorest people in the world. Not your fault ? How about the people who work for tiny wages to make your $5 shirt ?

Take advantage of the opportunities you do have while remaining a good person. The world isn't perfect, and we have very little opportunity to improve it. Focus on yourself, do the best you can.

If any of you come up with a way to actually change the system without doing more harm than good I would love to hear about it, but I haven't seen that solution yet.

Here in Australia we elected a new government in 1983. Labor, kinda like the Democrats. It was the most radical right wing government in out history and over the next 13 years they took us from one of the most egalitarian countries in the world to a country properly divided by wealth. Poverty doubled as did extreme wealth. The middle class shrank. No government has moved to reverse that carnage since and we are still dealing with the consequences today. And the proletariat are too stupid to even recognise the problem. I can't fix anything, no one listens to me, so I just keep trundling on the best I can.

14. MarshallDog

Does that surprise you??

15. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

Prayers for your daughter's continued health.:hippie:

The biopsy went well this morning.

I said, when the assistant shaved my abdomen, "this is like the 40 year old virgin" right?":D

She laughed and said you're not so bad.:applause:

Then the area was numbed and the doc went to work.:dude:

It pinched a little.............did it and then went to I HOP for breakfast.:coffee:

I'll know the outcome in about 5 business days.:agreed:

16. MarshallDog

Good luck Bro and will keep you in my tone and prays for great results!

17. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

Thank you.

I know everything will be fine.

ibmorjamn and MarshallDog like this.
  18. Sustainium

Sustainium Well-Known Member

The way I see it, anything after 60 is a bonus.:shred2:

19. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

I never pictured myself after 60.

Now, I'm 66.:orly:

Sh$t, I'm old.:rolleyes:

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  20. mickeydg5

mickeydg5 Well-Known Member

No.