whats the last guitar

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Martin Custom D on the patio. View attachment 107857
Sweet! The Custom D. I had one of those - the thing was a canon. I would play it in my living room, which has a hard wood floor and just a throw rug in the middle, and it would resonate the floor. It was the weirdest thing - like it was just the right frequency or something. That was one I should have kept, it was the best Martin I ever had tone-wise, and I've had 'em up to $4K (D41, HD28, D18, etc.).

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
My 2020 60s Standard...

AMZykAz.jpg
i like that steve.

mirrorman

Reaction score
Sweet! The Custom D. I had one of those - the thing was a canon. I would play it in my living room, which has a hard wood floor and just a throw rug in the middle, and it would resonate the floor. It was the weirdest thing - like it was just the right frequency or something. That was one I should have kept, it was the best Martin I ever had tone-wise, and I've had 'em up to $4K (D41, HD28, D18, etc.).
Thanks Vin, yeah, love this guitar. It has nice loud projection for an acoustic without being boomy.
Mine is a 2011 and the sound has mellowed nicely.
I got it from Musician's Friend as a mint "used" guitar on sale so it's been a bonus guitar in every way.

Trelwheen

Made With Real Bacon
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last geetar I plucked is my 1987 Ibanez RG440 (Japan). $499 brand new in 1987....my all time favorite guitar.

The Floyd licensed bridge is blocked in place and I stuck a DiMarzio Super Distortion in the bridge position years ago.

IMG_20210323_202414309~01~01.jpg

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
DIY fake jazzmaster kit.
It's my lightest guitar. Messed my shoulders up a while back. Most of my guitars are LP types. They're a bit heavy for the moment.

Was working on the bridge section of a song that is about 90% finished. That last 10% is starting to piss me off 😄

20220308-165823.jpg
Jazzmaster
Kit
That is weirdly interesting to me.

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
... and what were you playing...?
Our bass player wrote a song and I don't know what to play. The bass part is quite busy. I have to come up with a tasteful contribution.

Calebz

Reaction score
Jazzmaster
Kit
That is weirdly interesting to me.

That was my thought too. My wife and son were apparently choosing between that kit and a fake strat kit to give me for Christmas. My son chose the jazzmaster shape because it was weirdly interesting. I'm glad they did.

I usually play some sort of les paul shaped thing. This thing is a fun change.

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my thought too. My wife and son were apparently choosing between that kit and a fake strat kit to give me for Christmas. My son chose the jazzmaster shape because it was weirdly interesting. I'm glad they did.

I usually play some sort of les paul shaped thing. This thing is a fun change.
You will get to try out the 'other' Fender pickups.

Latest posts