What's happening to prices???

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I was talking with a rep the other day from an IC manufacturer. It’s not this simple, but here’s the main reason that the lack of integrated circuits is driving up prices and lead times:
- COVID hit so demand went down, and personnel at the fabrication plants were sick, so the supply rates dropped
- Many electric vehicle (support) companies have popped up in the past couple years
- Now regular consumers are back after COVID, and there’s a whole new market needing ICs, so it will be months before supply catches up with demand
2 yrs in the automotive field at best.

Bull Rock

Reaction score
I believe this is just the beginning of the cost of living increases. The next few years could be very tough. Once what was a good job is now not. Hopefully I am wrong, or people will be fighting over the neighborhood squirrels for dinner lol

middy

Reaction score
Maybe if you educated yourself a bit you would realize how wrong you are?
Educate myself how? Not by going to to one of those commie universities, surely. Are there any particular YouTube rabbit holes, echo chamber social media, hate radio shows, or personality cults you would recommend?

axe4me

Reaction score
I'm pretty much done with gear as far as buying anything till things get better, if they ever do..Staples like Gas, food, ect. are getting so expensive it's going to limit the toys for me, at least in the foreseeable future!

+ 1 on the reset..:agreed:
I say that too.

Really.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Educate myself how? Not by going to to one of those commie universities, surely. Are there any particular YouTube rabbit holes, echo chamber social media, hate radio shows, or personality cults you would recommend?
we could give you a few but then the thread will turn into a shit show on politics
and that activates moderator isums. we try to let them enjoy the forum as much as possible. :cheers:

Latest posts