What's happening to prices???

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How unpopular do I want to be ? Apperently very !
If you have more than 2 kids , you are the problem . Not the government , not this or that , you !
More people than goods , more people creating this false economy , more people spending money they don't have , or spending money they do have driving prices higher for those that don't have .
If the world isn't overpopulated the way it is now , life would be like the " Good Old Days "
But it's not because it's been fucked up with too many people .
Ok rant over !
So we need a more effective covid to thin the herd?

Garth Rocket

Reaction score
I’ve been an active buyer of guitars and amps for the last few years and have definitely noticed how prices increased on everything I like. It was nice one on one hand, because I could show my wife my collection is increasing in value. However, as of a few weeks ago I’m noticing a change. I’m seeing gear that would normally get snapped up because it’s cool and at a good price point sit. I’m pretty sure the market is headed down or at least getting soft. Tubes would be a crazy exception because of Russia. The doubling of gas prices, increase in food prices will limit if not eliminate our mad money. Time will tell. In the meantime, I’m going to focus on dialing in the gear I have and letting go some what I’m unlikely to use.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
12 months ago I purchased a brand new Chevy truck..
Just before the chip shortage....
I "built" the truck online, exactly how I wanted it. Nothing more, nothing less.
To my surprise, MY truck was available at a dealership not too far away...
After a few test drives, and some haggleing, I signed the dotted line and now its in my driveway...
NOW when I attempt to "build" the exact same truck online, I can not find one within a 1000 mile radius, and the price has increased 20%!
And the dealership keeps sending me postcards wanting to buy it back, at a slightly higher price than I paid.
Never in my life-time would I have ever thought this possible.
Yep. I posted this elsewhere, but I bought my first Carvin guitar back in 2015, shortly before the Kiesel switchover. With hardshell case, it came to a little over $1800.00. Now I can go onto their website and build the exact same guitar, identical in every spec, and it's over $3300.00.

Insane.

jmp45

Reaction score
I'm done with gear. If anything I should be selling. I'm enjoying what I have and don't see any need for anything else. I've splurged a bit over the last year or two on a few guitars. I probably should have passed on the PRS but really glad I didn't.

Going to focus on life necessities.. I'll leave at that or this thread will get locked asap.

jmp45

Reaction score
@jmp45 Yep. I've been stocking up lol.

Yepper, prep now while you can. We are very lucky to have a couple like minded next door neighbors. Talking about doing some gardening and some other necessary preparing. We are good here for protecting the castle. Something to consider if you haven't already.

neikeel

Reaction score
Same will be for electric cars (in 10years in Europe the only type you will be able to buy), no-one will be able to afford the new batteries when they fail (and they will) sothe only way it will work will be leasing (renting) your EV.

neikeel

Reaction score
Everything is moving to subscription model. Cable, phones, software, services, etc.

Soon you’ll be able to rent a tube stack for home use, they’ll handle the maintenance.

How unpopular do I want to be ? Apperently very !
If you have more than 2 kids , you are the problem . Not the government , not this or that , you !
More people than goods , more people creating this false economy , more people spending money they don't have , or spending money they do have driving prices higher for those that don't have .
If the world isn't overpopulated the way it is now , life would be like the " Good Old Days "
But it's not because it's been fucked up with too many people .
Ok rant over !
The issue will be who is going to support you in your old age? If you have a shrinking younger population and growing ageing population you are stuffed! You need to have youngsters keeping the economy going and paying your pension and supporting your social, medical care and needs.
Inflation will wipe out your savings and most of any provision you might think you have made.
At the moment we are supporting the current generation of old people even though they maintain they paid their dues over their lifetime but they are very wrong - they hardly cover anything with what they saved/contributed
Sad but true.
We need youngsters and in most countries the population is shrinking.

jmp45

Reaction score
Same will be for electric cars (in 10years in Europe the only type you will be able to buy), no-one will be able to afford the new batteries when they fail (and they will) sothe only way it will work will be leasing (renting) your EV.

A buddy of mine picked up a 2022 Camaro, they told him it's the last year for Camaros. Going electric next year, guess we will see what is thrusted upon us. Where I live not many are going to spring 60k for a Tesla or other makes. Right about the battery replacements.

nickfox

Reaction score
I worked hard this past winter and planted 15 fruit trees in my garden. Getting prepared...

middy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Len

Reaction score
I was talking with a rep the other day from an IC manufacturer. It’s not this simple, but here’s the main reason that the lack of integrated circuits is driving up prices and lead times:
- COVID hit so demand went down, and personnel at the fabrication plants were sick, so the supply rates dropped
- Many electric vehicle (support) companies have popped up in the past couple years
- Now regular consumers are back after COVID, and there’s a whole new market needing ICs, so it will be months before supply catches up with demand