What's happening to prices???

Bobwill

Reaction score
I know I should have acted sooner BUT.
I have been looking at the Digitech trio plus, made the decision to purchase one at £179:00 at this price I am thinking it's pricey. Decided to travel to the outlet closest to me at the weekend, their website advertised price £179:00 and they have 6 in stock great.
Three days later on the Saturday I just check they still have stock yes 6 in stock at £283:00. I don't think so, that price counts me out.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I know I should have acted sooner BUT.
I have been looking at the Digitech trio plus, made the decision to purchase one at £179:00 at this price I am thinking it's pricey. Decided to travel to the outlet closest to me at the weekend, their website advertised price £179:00 and they have 6 in stock great.
Three days later on the Saturday I just check they still have stock yes 6 in stock at £283:00. I don't think so, that price counts me out.
Crazy times we're in.

I'll leave it at that.

Old Punker

Reaction score
I'm pretty much done with gear as far as buying anything till things get better, if they ever do..Staples like Gas, food, ect. are getting so expensive it's going to limit the toys for me, at least in the foreseeable future!

+ 1 on the reset..:agreed:

Yeah, I'm definitely done too. Only strings and anything I may require to do maintenance. Luckily I already have a decent stock of tubes on hand (except EL34).

Every time I go to the grocery store it's like a stress test for my heart. It's amazing how little you get now for $200!

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely done too. Only strings and anything I may require to do maintenance. Luckily I already have a decent stock of tubes on hand (except EL34).

Every time I go to the grocery store it's like a stress test for my heart. It's amazing how little you get now for $200!
Amen!

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
What can you do? Unfortunately we are still in the middle of global pandemic.
China just implemented large scale lockdowns again. That won't help.

There is a story line that maybe Omicron could be the last big covid wave; that's rather premature.
There could easily be another (potentially worse) mutation.

The high price of consumer goods does not bother me since I have always been a terrible consumer. I just don't buy stuff and keep the things I do have for a long time.
What does suck for me is the prices of houses in this area.
My other concern is the possible long term effects to the health care system.

StingRay85

Reaction score
Yeah it sure looks like the way China handled the pandemic with massive strict lock-downs is going to backfire as the virus gets more contagious and the people didn't build immunity over time. And the rest of the world is extremely dependable on mass production from China... On top, there's a huge issue with supply of semi-conductors and chips. Too much money in circulation looking for return (just look at those massive crypto bubbles), energy prices skyrocketing, housing prices going up, consumer goods going up. Tough times ahead of us, that's for sure. Global financial and economical crisis. I wonder who will start the next war in the coming months/years, to distract the people from seeing their life savings evaporating.

Luckily I already have secured a lifetime supply of tubes & caps, I wouldn't be surprised those prices will also increase drastically

Last edited:

Bobwill

Reaction score
What can you do? Unfortunately we are still in the middle of global pandemic.
China just implemented large scale lockdowns again. That won't help.

There is a story line that maybe Omicron could be the last big covid wave; that's rather premature.
There could easily be another (potentially worse) mutation.

The high price of consumer goods does not bother me since I have always been a terrible consumer. I just don't buy stuff and keep the things I do have for a long time.
What does suck for me is the prices of houses in this area.
My other concern is the possible long term effects to the health care system.
I am not sure there is anything we as consumers can do to help.
Like you I also am a poor consumer, hanging on to things, not changing just on a whim.
If the price is not within my budget I am able to walk away, these guys in the retail trade need to make a living I know. In normal times they are selling goods making a living but at this time it can't be easy for them. OK so they have probably had the good times and able to make good money because us consumers have disposable income and prepared to spend in their shops. I am sure those times will return if they are able to hold station and stay on the high street. My walking away doesn't help them but I like others have to prioritise where I spend my money and unfortunately guitar equipment is very low on my list of priorities. After all it is only a hobby for me.

johnny q

Reaction score
One area where prices are really skyrocketing are boutique pickups. I don't want to call anyone out by name, but one winder who hovered around the $220 range for a set of his pickups, is now over $400! Ouch. I don't think we are seeing these higher prices w/ the mass produced brands like Duncan or Dimarzio, so it seems the little guys are suffering.

speyfly

Reaction score
NOW is a great time to unload!
Ive been eyeing my collection of gear that I no longer need.
The longer I wait, the more valuable it becomes.
Of coarse I dont dare unload something I may decide to re-purchase latter!

Yeah, I have to agree with you, good time to sell:agreed:. I review CL daily and I really can't see pricing going much higher in the short term, catch the wave!

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, I have to agree with you, good time to sell:agreed:. I review CL daily and I really can't see pricing going much higher in the short term, catch the wave!
12 months ago I purchased a brand new Chevy truck..
Just before the chip shortage....
I "built" the truck online, exactly how I wanted it. Nothing more, nothing less.
To my surprise, MY truck was available at a dealership not too far away...
After a few test drives, and some haggleing, I signed the dotted line and now its in my driveway...
NOW when I attempt to "build" the exact same truck online, I can not find one within a 1000 mile radius, and the price has increased 20%!
And the dealership keeps sending me postcards wanting to buy it back, at a slightly higher price than I paid.
Never in my life-time would I have ever thought this possible.

DaDoc

Reaction score
I would probably be happy if I wanted for nothing. Having nothing is totally different and I am finding it difficult to imagine that form of happiness.

The ones in power will ALWAYS have plenty, at the expense of the rest of us..WE'LL be the "ones with nothing", and they could give a damn if we're happy or not!

Latest posts