What would you sell?

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Whichever one you play less than any other. We all have our favorites. And we still like the rest, but if you don't use it, you won't miss it much.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
I would sell the 2203 , the 2555 and the vox . None of those give me the sounds im after , but that’s just me obviously.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I've probably gone a bit crazy during covid and bought way too many amps. I'm looking to part with a few. I play a ton of different music but the heaviest is maybe Motley Crue. I mainly live in the punk realm.

So I have:
  • JCM800 2203
  • JCM900 MKiii
  • Silver Jubilee 2555x
  • Ceriatone Molecular (Based on Cameron Atomica)
  • Ceriatone Plexi 101
  • Vox AC100cph
Thinking about selling 1 or 2 out of these 3...
  • JCM900 MKiii
  • Silver Jubilee 2555x
  • Ceriatone Molecular
What would you part with? Having trouble deciding.
I guess it depends on what does more of what you play . I always hear people love the jubilee. I know they are expensive and probably would get a better price . I think mklll is Motley Crue.

Buzzard

Reaction score
I'd keep the molecular and the plexi 101. Between those 2 you have all the bases covered.Sell everything else and make some money since it's a good time to sell.

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score
I've probably gone a bit crazy during covid and bought way too many amps. I'm looking to part with a few. I play a ton of different music but the heaviest is maybe Motley Crue. I mainly live in the punk realm.

So I have:
  • JCM800 2203
  • JCM900 MKiii
  • Silver Jubilee 2555x
  • Ceriatone Plexi 101
  • Vox AC100cph
  • JCM900 MKiii
  • Silver Jubilee 2555x
  • Ceriatone Molecular

I agree with @Neptical. Sell the clones.

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
2 things I never do on the internet/forums is 1. Ask what gear should I buy or 2. What gear should I get rid of. It's all to entirely personal and everyones likes/dislikes wants/needs and ears are totally different. Some things people just need to sit back and figure out on their own instead of having others influence a decision that's far to personal. :2c:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
2 things I never do on the internet/forums is 1. Ask what gear should I buy or 2. What gear should I get rid of. It's all to entirely personal and everyones likes/dislikes wants/needs and ears are totally different. Some things people just need to sit back and figure out on their own instead of having others influence a decision that's far to personal. :2c:
That is so true Edgar , good advice!

wolfpack

Reaction score
On your list, I would keep every Marshall. Sell the rest & buy a 1987 or 1959 to round out.
I have all of the Marshall's you do & a few more models, and have tried a lot of the C and F brand clones, the Marshalls stayed for a reason.
What did your fav punk bands play & record with ?

Last edited:

G the wildman

Reaction score
Honestly,

I would sell almost everything, that I own and start again.

I have bought all my stuff before I could use it. Now I can use it to some extent, it is probably not what I want. But then in general I am never content. So I would probably mess up the next load of purchases, as well.

G

SLA

Reaction score
Been there, sold it all, jcm900 mk111, dual reverb, slr, modded marshalls, 3 oranges etc.
Did keep an JMP2204 and an handbuilt plexi-clone.
The only thing i bought new to komplement them and the Marshall 4X12 with Greenbacks are an Two Notes Captore X.

So in my book, sell them all and keep the 2203!!
and buy yourself an ol marshall like 1987, 1959, 1992, jtm45, some great pedals and a good attenuator.
I love my 50w JMP but the plexiclone (superbass) has this great Kossof wibe

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Go with your head not your heart , nvm’s and 2203’s pretty unusable for most at their sweet point . Do yourself a favour and sell them all and get a Friedman.

Dean Swindell

Reaction score

So I have:
  • JCM800 2203
  • JCM900 MKiii
  • Silver Jubilee 2555x
  • Ceriatone Plexi 101
  • Vox AC100cph
  • JCM900 MKiii
  • Silver Jubilee 2555x
  • Ceriatone Molecular
Due to the music you play, I'm thinking you could live without the Jube, and the 101 might be too vintage for you.

Latest posts