What speaker to pair the Mini Silver Jubilee?

MP+

Reaction score
Good point, the V30 goes well with a touch more midrange going on. In my opinion, the Jub. preamp is already fairly midrange scooped to start with, you really don't want a speaker set up that will scoop even more mids. Best recording sound I stumbled upon with my Jub. head was plugged into an open back Fender combo which I loaded with a V30. Just unplugged the the Fender head and went straight into the speaker from the Jub. using a through adapter.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
First choice on speakers for Jubilees are Vintage 30s or the Marshall proprietary version of the V30 (they do sound slightly different).

I have no experience with V-types.

2nd or third choice would be Greenbacks/Creambacks or eqivalents.

If you don't like the looks of the Silver 2x12 cabs, but still want to go with a UK V30, get a diagonol 2x12 built for you and load it with Mesa Boogie's proprietary version of the V30. (yes it sounds warmer than the standard version)

Tincup

Reaction score
FYI, There’s a 4x12 jub cab at GC used for considerably less than a new 2x12.

charlysays

Reaction score
I have the 2x12 jubilee cab with my 2525h head. It doesn't get used much tbh, I've forgotten what it sounds like. Been meaning to get it out and play through it again.
The width on them is kinda awkward for getting them through doors. I tend to use an open back home made 1x12 loaded with a late 70s celestion g12-65. Sounds really nice.
I have an additional 1x12 loaded with an eminence reignmaker which sits underneath and adds height and an additional speaker to plug into if I feel I need it.
Two 1x12s seems most convenient for me but I really should try out the jube 2x12 can again asap.

cjs42079

Reaction score
Is the SV/SC/ Mini 2x12 generally a better cab than the Origin or MX 2x12's? I know sound can be subjective but asking from a weight and durability perspective.
Yo Dave, just wanted to chime in on this since I may be equipped to answer. I have both rigs and cabs.

The Mini Jubilee Head and matching cab 2x12 sound fantastic together. The construction, weight and quality are top notch, as good as any Marshall I’ve owned. It’s better than the origin because 1) speakers, 2) construction, 3) cab corners and caster pilots.

The Origin 2x12 is cool and matches the head nicely (my 50h is slightly too large), but to me it doesn’t sound as good. My origin head is noticeably better sounding through either the SJ 2x12 or my 1960b 4x12. The tolex and grill cloth are interesting…kinda new for Marshall and they look and feel cheap. I took mine apart so I could install casters. The build is nice and the fit is well done, but it’s all mdf. I’m not really a fan. It’s fatal flaws are 1) speakers, 2) construction, 3) no corner protectors or casters!

Attachments

• 66FF0980-0CEC-440D-92CD-7F56A5BFCAB5.jpeg
    66FF0980-0CEC-440D-92CD-7F56A5BFCAB5.jpeg
    847.1 KB · Views: 6

ampeq

Reaction score
Longer question:
This is my first post and I hope someone helps me decide because this is my first tube amp that I will personally own and this looked like the best place to ask so I hope that by the end of the week I have bought the amp and cab plus everything else I need so no more borrowing amps because I have my own! I got the amp down now just what speakers?

I am mainly a cleanish Fender amp type of guy but after a lot of research and comparing I stumbled across the Mini Jubilee and after countless reviews what impressed me the most was the flexibility of it.
Considering that it would be my amp for everything from home, studio, band practice (jazz band and cover band from pop to hard rock) and also live with a mic trough PA it just seems perfect to me and also with 2 channels so I could probably just be happy with a two side boost and multi effect for modulation and thats more then enough for me covering a lot of genres unlike a Fender with a milion overdrives on the board (my personal opinion and buying the Jubilee will probably help me sell 90% of my overdrives).

Now the question is what speakers work for them? I know that they are voiced with v30's in mind but honestly I was never a fan of that speaker and it never rly clicked for me and I appreciate a speaker that is versatile because i need it to be from "cristal" cleans to somewhat heavier overdrive (rarely in the metal category).

A 1x12 seemed too small for me 4x12 not practical at all so in the middle a 2x12 seems logical for my needs more or less. Then after I found out that they made a matching vertical cab for it with with UK made Marshall v30's. And it is the most expensive Marshall 2x12 in the range but is it really worth it for the speakers considering that v30's are not rly my thing but I do keep in mind that they sound different from normal v30's (for better or worse idk never heard them so if someone has let me know).

The other option is the SV212 with V-types and tbh I would be more happy to put the head on that because personally it looks more killer then the Jubilee cab but a lot of people have said to stay away from those... Why so? From what I heard online people say that it is a balanced speaker and a mix of both a v30 or greenback or others dislike it completely. I would love to hear thoughts on the SV212 with the V-types because it looks killer and I would save about 100€ from buying that option. But if the speakers are "as bad" as some people say they are then I don't really have the money to swap in other speakers right now and are the V-types even good for a Jubilee?

The third option would be to buy the much cheaper made in VN 2x12 and sell the speakers in that and buy something else but I would probably sacrifice the quality of the cab so maybe better not to pick that option.

Question made short:
So the question is for versatility and flexibility (because I really need it) from clean cleans to harder overdriven tones what would be a better pick the UK v30's or V-types?
Also if anybody thinks that both speakers are not what I am looking for what else would you recommend? Keep in mind that I don't plan to mix speakers because I want a consistent sound and I would be mic up only one speaker live anyways.
If you like V30's try the WGS Retro30. I have one and it is a well rounded good sounding speaker. It also mixes good with their ET65 cream back. They take a long time to break in, but sound very good once they do.

abkeller1

Reaction score
Longer question:
This is my first post and I hope someone helps me decide because this is my first tube amp that I will personally own and this looked like the best place to ask so I hope that by the end of the week I have bought the amp and cab plus everything else I need so no more borrowing amps because I have my own! I got the amp down now just what speakers?

I am mainly a cleanish Fender amp type of guy but after a lot of research and comparing I stumbled across the Mini Jubilee and after countless reviews what impressed me the most was the flexibility of it.
Considering that it would be my amp for everything from home, studio, band practice (jazz band and cover band from pop to hard rock) and also live with a mic trough PA it just seems perfect to me and also with 2 channels so I could probably just be happy with a two side boost and multi effect for modulation and thats more then enough for me covering a lot of genres unlike a Fender with a milion overdrives on the board (my personal opinion and buying the Jubilee will probably help me sell 90% of my overdrives).

Now the question is what speakers work for them? I know that they are voiced with v30's in mind but honestly I was never a fan of that speaker and it never rly clicked for me and I appreciate a speaker that is versatile because i need it to be from "cristal" cleans to somewhat heavier overdrive (rarely in the metal category).

A 1x12 seemed too small for me 4x12 not practical at all so in the middle a 2x12 seems logical for my needs more or less. Then after I found out that they made a matching vertical cab for it with with UK made Marshall v30's. And it is the most expensive Marshall 2x12 in the range but is it really worth it for the speakers considering that v30's are not rly my thing but I do keep in mind that they sound different from normal v30's (for better or worse idk never heard them so if someone has let me know).

The other option is the SV212 with V-types and tbh I would be more happy to put the head on that because personally it looks more killer then the Jubilee cab but a lot of people have said to stay away from those... Why so? From what I heard online people say that it is a balanced speaker and a mix of both a v30 or greenback or others dislike it completely. I would love to hear thoughts on the SV212 with the V-types because it looks killer and I would save about 100€ from buying that option. But if the speakers are "as bad" as some people say they are then I don't really have the money to swap in other speakers right now and are the V-types even good for a Jubilee?

The third option would be to buy the much cheaper made in VN 2x12 and sell the speakers in that and buy something else but I would probably sacrifice the quality of the cab so maybe better not to pick that option.

Question made short:
So the question is for versatility and flexibility (because I really need it) from clean cleans to harder overdriven tones what would be a better pick the UK v30's or V-types?
Also if anybody thinks that both speakers are not what I am looking for what else would you recommend? Keep in mind that I don't plan to mix speakers because I want a consistent sound and I would be mic up only one speaker live anyways.
there were 2 used 2536 cabs on Guitar Centers webiste for $799 but they are gone now. I have this cab, it's so amazing. The Marshall Vintage 30's are the best speakers. none of that spikiness of the Chinese Celestion ones. Jub only works with 2 types speakers. Vintage 30's or Greenbacks.

abkeller1

Reaction score
Longer question:

Question made short:
Can't use V-type with a Jub. It's a darker amp than most Marshall's and more compressed. V-30's or Greenbacks. That's really it.

abkeller1

Reaction score
Thank you a lot for this it gave me a perspective! I think that honestly the SV212 can work with the Jubilee head because of the gold and silver combo but thats my opinion. Myb the SC212 is the better option in full black but eh still think that the SV looks better. Thank you again!
Don't buy that cab with a Jubilee. it's not going to sound good. Jub's are voiced differently than any Marshall. They are darker and more compressed. That's why you need a bright speaker. There is a reason Marshall paired them with the V 30 or Greenback.

JamminJeff

Reaction score
This tread is a bit old but maybe this will help someone. My personal experience with the SV212 and SV20H was that the V-Type Speakers that came in the cab just weren't getting it for me. Even looking past the plexi type tones of the SV20H, the V-Types seemed to have too much presence for an amp that already has a boatload of presence.

In a way, I think Marshall selected the wrong speaker for this set-up. Maybe they were trying to appeal to a wider audience then just us old dinosaurs who cut our teeth on vintage tones.

So anyway, I pulled the speakers from the Vintage Modern 2266C and loaded them in the SV212. I'm not 100% sure what the VM G12C speakers are voiced after, but the tone was night and day better, as least for me anyway. They were warmer, more focused, broke-up a little sooner and nailed what I thought I was buying in the first place. Different flavors, etc.

Also these G12C speakers were well broken in from the last band I was in. The V-Types might of had 20 hours of hard playing time from new so maybe I should have given them a longer break in period. Now the V-Types sit on the floor and glare at me to do something with them. The VM glares even more because I stole the speakers, plus it needs new tubes/valves.

It was probably sacrilege to pull the speakers out of the VM but I'm glad I did. I would gladly load all my cabinets with the OEM VM G12C speaker. I'm sure there are similar speaker voicings on the market, but this config is close enough to the holy grail tones without busting the bank or my ears, what's left of them.

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Same advice I always give for these 20w Marshall tube amps, lol.

2x12, Greenbacks. 👍

Latest posts