What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
^ Some good musics there, Leonard. :yesway:
(I would have produced Babe Ruth entirely differently.)

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thankye kindly. :metal:

Bad Company time:

Shooting Star was the first of 4 songs which my first bar band recorded, to hand out to bar owners in promo-packs. We included the 4-song cassette tape, three 45-minute set lists, and an 11"x18" poster of us all being arrested by a cop next to his police car (the cop was the singer's dad, and he got a chuckle out of taking those photos. We also had pics of us from behind pissing up against a tree, but that's just not good PR, ya know? :D).

I think we also recorded "Can't Get Enough", "Sharp Dressed Man", and "Gimme Three Steps". I had turned 18 later that year and could legally drink alcohol (and play in bars), but 3 months later the law was changed to 21. That's New York State for ya.

I used to like breaking into "Can't Get Enough", so I could jump off the 12" drum riser. LOL!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
A Day in the Life: A masterpiece!
these remixes (remix, not remaster) are the best these ever sounded, IMO.

George Martin & George Harrison went through all the vaults & picked out the best takes. Even performances from different takes. George Martin's son Giles, along w/ George, digitized everything very high res, & punched things in & made it all work out, sort of how George did it, in the tape days.

They put it so that the songs would carry the weight of the way the band performed them, rather than recording for an album.

They did this, because Cirque, de' Sole wanted some fresh Beatles tracks to do a performance run on & Harrison was all in. Harrison ended up getting sick & dying over ½ way through & they got Paul & Yoko to take over for George, in finishing the project. I think George's wife, or son still oversaw things too, but, you know Yoko took over... :)...

If you've never heard the remixes on this album, you should listen to them all.

Vinsanitizer

K i T t E h !!
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeeeaaah, uhmmm.... :hmm:

I'm going through the Bon Jovi 80's catalog tonight.

Latest posts