What Music Are You Listening To Right Now ??

XTRXTR

Reaction score
Sometime right after the RAH show, Plant blew his voice out, to forever change Led Zeppelin, into a more subdued version.
I've seen you make this point a couple times. Maybe Plant's left nut finally dropped. lol

But I remember being able to sing early Led Zeppelin songs when I first started out and somewhere around 19 or 20 I just couldn't get those high notes anymore. Like that wild crying scream he does in How Many More Times near the end. I useda coulda but notta never now. In fact my voice range kept lowering for many years after. Maybe my nuts were dropping or Males just lose their range over time. Steve Perry Seemed to go through something similar. I've heard that with women singers as well when they are young they get some real highs but slowly lose it over years.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
broke out my old 7" 45 rpm single, of:

Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Love / Livin' Lovin' Maid Japan

45_jp_p116a_a.jpg

never opened it until now... 1st play!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I also have the Belgian pressing (unopened). Not sure if I want to open it also. I know they did a 3 min edit but, the Japanese is 5:30 +/-, so, it's normal edit like the LP...

here's what the cover on it looks like:

1656033889666.png

obviously a later pressing, since the image is from Knebworth 1979...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've seen you make this point a couple times. Maybe Plant's left nut finally dropped. lol

But I remember being able to sing early Led Zeppelin songs when I first started out and somewhere around 19 or 20 I just couldn't get those high notes anymore. Like that wild crying scream he does in How Many More Times near the end. I useda coulda but notta never now. In fact my voice range kept lowering for many years after. Maybe my nuts were dropping or Males just lose their range over time. Steve Perry Seemed to go through something similar. I've heard that with women singers as well when they are young they get some real highs but slowly lose it over years.
back in the early days, they were doing 2 concerts a day...

so, they'd do a "matinee" show & an "evening" show. Then, they had a grueling schedule. Sometime in '70, Plant got to the point of tonsillitis, yet they kept on touring, until his voice was toast...

After that, he sang what I call w/ a squeaky voice...

When they got to the '73 tour, he changed his approach...

Not everything was bad after that. A lot of bootlegs though, you can hear it. In '71, the Paris BBC show sounds good, as the LA '72 (HTWWD) sounds decent, but, you can still hear hints of the squeaky falsetto, when he runs out of range, way sooner than he should have...

Still though, they did some kickass stuff, that they may have never done, if that didn't go that way...

Listen to Since I've Been Lovin' You from every tour & listen to the changes in his voice, & the way he approaches it...

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score

I don't know Ozzy's factual history on song writing, but I'd have a hard time believing he's actually a decent song writer. So, like so many other songs of his, who knows who really wrote this. Nevertheless, I thought this was a good song. Sounds like radio-friendly Ozzy, even though radio is medieval nowadays. Not sure why it needed Jeff Beck. This would have been a better track release back in the day than that Johnson's Baby Shampoo song, where I was like, "WTF is this???" ever since.

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score

I don't know Ozzy's factual history on song writing, but I'd have a hard time believing he's actually a decent song writer. So, like so many other songs of his, who knows who really wrote this. Nevertheless, I thought this was a good song. Sounds like radio-friendly Ozzy, even though radio is medieval nowadays. Not sure why it needed Jeff Beck. This would have been a better track release back in the day than that Johnson's Baby Shampoo song, where I was like, "WTF is this???" ever since.

All the Star Collaboration so gs are new on forth coming recording.
Zack is helping write I believe.

Latest posts