What is This Amp Worth?

fronzo

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I posted this question in the Amps section, but someone suggested I ask it here in the Vintage section.
I hope it's okay that I'm reposting - if the moderators want me to I can remove the initial post.
Anyway, I'm trying to figure out how much this amp is worth.

It's a 100w JTM Super PA, not sure of the year but possibly late 60s.

It's had some work done, but I have the original parts, and that's just a sticker on the front.

Someone is coming to have a look at it to possibly buy, and I have NO idea what to ask for or accept.

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks!

Pics:

william vogel

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
pictures of the internals would be nice to further enhance the ability to guess value. The fact that it has very old filter capacitors is a good indication that it’s original.

tomsvintage

Reaction score
Here is one

fronzo

Reaction score
Wow! I'm guessing the first one has to be an excessive asking price? Still, either way it's worth more than I thought.
I'd be happy with the lower end! :)

playloud

Reaction score
Don't sell yourself short!

Hard to say conclusively without pics of the internals (reminds me of this joke), but this looks like a very nice amp.

I would definitely upload those pics and get feedback from the experts here before selling - certainly for anything less than the one at the link @tomsvintage supplied.

It's probably a '68, judging from the filter caps on top of the chassis (post-'68) and the OT orientation (pre-'69). The "black flag" front panel is usually a '67 feature, but I understand these appeared later for the PAs.

Replacement logos are easy to find.

TAZIN

Reaction score
The Super PA amps can be very tough to figure out a build date since they tend to use components spanning a couple of years. I would guess this build to be from very late '68 through the first quarter of 1969.

Blokkadeleider

Reaction score
The Super PA amps can be very tough to figure out a build date since they tend to use components spanning a couple of years. I would guess this build to be from very late '68 through the first quarter of 1969.
Yep. It does have a black flag label but there's also that wide vent on top as opposed to the narrow one you'd expect on a '67. It's still going to be a very nice amp though. Aside, is it possible that they still had a Super PA panel laying around that late? I think the wide vents came into use later in '67?
Correct me if I'm wrong. You'll know better than I do.

Seanxk

Reaction score
Yep, a Black Flag PA is a difficult one, I have an April 69 and it has the Black Flag Plexi front, gut shots are your only hope.

Latest posts