What is a realistic price for a non-working DSL 100?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Moose Lewis, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Moose Lewis

Moose Lewis Well-Known Member

http://www.marshallforum.com/workbench/30745-dsl-pop-crackle-help.html

It may be that I'll have to go to a pro shop and pay the price to get this fixed - but it's just not in my budget at present. So I thought I would see if there was any reasonable expectation of selling a non-working DSL 100 and what a realistic price might be to ask for it.

There's probably too much unknown... but it's a shot in the dark. Between the costs of my week without power and new acquisitions, I gotta do something.

Thanks
    :cheers:

2. jcmjmp

jcmjmp Well-Known Member

AV wasn't able to fix it?
    We still don't know for sure that the problem is with the preamp or power amp.

3. sccloser

sccloser Well-Known Member

I pm'd you.

4. American Viking

American Viking Well-Known Member

Nope.

I can't figure out what the problem is. No sound from the input. Plugging into the FX return yields a crazy noise when striking a note. There was sound from the input before but whatever problem is going on had gotten worse.

5. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

For a completely dead DSL I'd pay $250 because I'd figure it's an easy fix that I might even fix myself; even a dead OT could be replaced in a cost effective way at that price. But an amp that makes farting sounds...and someone experienced like AV can't figure out...well I'd be afraid of it because I wouldn't have a lot of confidence the thing could be fixed cheaply, if at all, by anyone. My only suggestion is to try another tech...and offer to sell it to him cheap since only a tech would have a chance to get it running in a cost effective way. Maybe someone who ran across a DSL in the past with the same symptoms?

New DSL's in perfect working order start at $500, so there's only a limited amount of time a tech could spend on it before it costs more than it's worth..

Ken