What happened to the Marshall MA100h Amp?

Who here's Boss DD-3 burned out WITH a perfectly logical explanation?

• Me and I fixed it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wolf-3D

Reaction score
My friend bought an MA50 and the amp is fine for what it is. You just gotta learn how to set up the gain if using the boost. Very low cost way to get into a tube amp.
Anyway/anyone know how I can get the schematics or diagram for replacing the LED’s on the ma100h?

Chris-in-LA

Reaction score
I believe Steve D designed that...

He's pretty good at simplifying things & getting it to function on par w/ a more complex circuit...

I never saw a gut shot of one, it doesn't get more bare bones than that, but, it definitely took some engineering to bring it to that level.

Marshall, around that time, was experimenting w/ doing a cheaper, more bare bones design & offering it as a budget model.

Regardless of how good/bad, many of their designs were met w/ the anti-mob, that denigrated anything they came out w/.

The JMD:1 was another example, which was pretty high tech, but offered at a great low price point.

It at some point, became fashionable to nay-say everything Marshall came out w/, before it ever came out & the negative responses would go on & on, & typically by people who never plugged into one, nor really explored them. They just heard someone shit on it, then joined in on the mob & grabbed the pitchforks & torches to run the new Marshall out of town...

In the same thing, it also became fashionable to cheer on the competition, like Mesa, Friedman, etc...

Not sure why we can't like all of them, but some people make everything a tribal sort of thing.

I have no problem w/ an honest assessment, where, if you tried something & just didn't like it, for whatever reason, but, many people just do unfounded hit jobs on stuff w/o any real world knowledge, or experience...

That sort of mob mentality has killed many a good product from ever reaching it's potential...
You know I was joking, right. This thread seemed so silly I felt like I had to post something. That was a pic of my Mojotone GA-5 kit.

Ramo

Reaction score
I was thinking to buy it when it came out, thats what i could afford back then but it never happened. Now I have Dsl 100hr some call it cheap, crap, but no matter what anyone says I love my DSL.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
I didn't care for it because its overdrive is too fizzy for me and I didn't care for the EQ much, either. It definitely isn't a vintage voicing, and I have found from a lot of experience that what I like is a vintage voiced amp. Even a more expensive modern voiced amp like a Mesa Dual Rec (I have one) doesn't quite make it for me. I end up using the vintage voicing and then that kinda sorta works for me.

There's nothing wrong with the MA50 or MA100. They seen to be reliable. But either an amp has voices you like, or it doesn't.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe Steve D designed that...

He's pretty good at simplifying things & getting it to function on par w/ a more complex circuit...

I never saw a gut shot of one, it doesn't get more bare bones than that, but, it definitely took some engineering to bring it to that level.

Marshall, around that time, was experimenting w/ doing a cheaper, more bare bones design & offering it as a budget model.

Regardless of how good/bad, many of their designs were met w/ the anti-mob, that denigrated anything they came out w/.

The JMD:1 was another example, which was pretty high tech, but offered at a great low price point.

It at some point, became fashionable to nay-say everything Marshall came out w/, before it ever came out & the negative responses would go on & on, & typically by people who never plugged into one, nor really explored them. They just heard someone shit on it, then joined in on the mob & grabbed the pitchforks & torches to run the new Marshall out of town...

In the same thing, it also became fashionable to cheer on the competition, like Mesa, Friedman, etc...

Not sure why we can't like all of them, but some people make everything a tribal sort of thing.

I have no problem w/ an honest assessment, where, if you tried something & just didn't like it, for whatever reason, but, many people just do unfounded hit jobs on stuff w/o any real world knowledge, or experience...

That sort of mob mentality has killed many a good product from ever reaching it's potential...
Well said DOD, it reminds me of the Gibson Norlin association back in the 70s, I’m referring to the Les Paul mostly.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I remember seeing the MA100 years back when I was looking for a Marshall. I wanted to try one but my local shops didn't have them. Are they voiced similarly to the Valvestate amps? Those were great for that 90's scooped metal tone.

Wolf-3D

Reaction score
It is a dropped model by Marshall.

Which LED needs attention?
Well, it looks like the led bulb was just loose so I tightened it and voila! Haha. I’m hoping to find a seller who’s not particularly from this site lol. Everyone’s hating on this amp

Wolf-3D

Reaction score
I remember seeing the MA100 years back when I was looking for a Marshall. I wanted to try one but my local shops didn't have them. Are they voiced similarly to the Valvestate amps? Those were great for that 90's scooped metal tone.
I liked it for how loud it could get with a touch of reverb and gimme that “back off b****” tone with an audio slave like slap, and then the lead would push it towards that “Etid” or “the damned things” style which worked for me. Also I was the musical tone one our our community so I got away with murder, they all listened to white chapel and super heavy death stuff, with roses and a skull girl. That era of music sucked for me

MaskingApathy

Reaction score
MA series didn't sell that much so it was discontinued. I've played one, couldn't get a good tone out of it, way too fizzy. The concept was cool though, I would love to see a redone version like the DSL HR ones.
I was thinking to buy it when it came out, thats what i could afford back then but it never happened. Now I have Dsl 100hr some call it cheap, crap, but no matter what anyone says I love my DSL.
DSL100HR is definitely not cheap crap, it blows the MA away and it's built very well too.

Latest posts