What do you think will the marshall valve amp die?

Exotic

Reaction score
since were on the subject i have questions :
1. make a prediction ,in 6 months to a year will there be a tube shortage ?
2. i want to use groove tubes and not jj ,and i'm a heavy metal guy who wants some crunch so what gt rating can i get away with ?
3. what is the letter at the end of el34 b or c or r etc?
4. why do more people lean towards jj than groove tubes ?
5. why do others like mullard cost so much more?
right now there's tubes at ebay at prices i can live with so i'm not too terribly worried about my jcm 800 or my jcm 900 ,only a tiny bit .

Attachments

• IMG_0083 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0083 (Custom).jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0983 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0983 (Custom).JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 2
  • s-l1600 (4) (Custom).jpg
    s-l1600 (4) (Custom).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Groove Tubes doesn't make tubes, they just buy large quantities of tubes from various manufacturers and test, sort, grade, and match them into categories, and then apply their paint label to them, put them in a fancy box, and sell them.

Lots of Groove Tubes are clearly marked Sovtek under their own label. Others are JJs, with the JJ paint label removed and then printed GT.

Here's the link at the Fender site for them.

Im247frogs

Reaction score
I've spent a fair bit of money on tubes in the last 10 days. I mostly avoided getting bent over. Got massively outbid at least 6x on real Mullards, RCA's etc. Managed to get some half-decent old stuff, and NP stuff before the real price gouging took hold.
For the record, I didn't run out of the house and panic buy a bunch of TP 2 years ago. Only a total asswipe would do that.:hbang:

JBA

Reaction score
I've spent a fair bit of money on tubes in the last 10 days. I mostly avoided getting bent over. Got massively outbid at least 6x on real Mullards, RCA's etc. Managed to get some half-decent old stuff, and NP stuff before the real price gouging took hold.
For the record, I didn't run out of the house and panic buy a bunch of TP 2 years ago. Only a total asswipe would do that.:hbang:
So you‘ve slowly stocked up ahead of time on tubes and TP.. or just tubes and used the spoon? :headbanger:

Exotic

Reaction score
matrix

wanted to contribute this :
someone put this on me

and this ,thoughts?

William Masterson

Reaction score
Western Electric In Georgia just announced the other day that they will start making Guitar Amp tubes immediately. they currently only make tubes for high quality HiFi equipment.

Latest posts