What Do I want Marshall to build ?

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
No contest for me . 20w JCM 900 naked ,cut out the excess reverb and such maybe SL-X voiced . Might be tough to do at 20w , 50w but built in attenuation.If it don’t punch there’s not enough crunch! Settle on 30w because I like the 5881’s

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I started a schematic drawing on poster board a few months ago but stopped midway. I was trying to get a handle on the whole circuit. It has a lot of extra switching stuff in it. I was going to leave out .

PelliX

Reaction score
Although I've got what I need, I think a new take on the MX1X12, 2X12, would be cool. Either empty or with some decent speakers. There's no speaker that pleases everyone, of course, but the Seventy/80's in there are an insult to the buyer. The cabs themselves go well optically with the Studio series, smaller heads and DSL combos, etc. :shrug:

junk notes

Reaction score
Waiting for their Studio Series 1x8 that will blow away their 1x10, and I heard that 1x6 was even better in a blind test.:drunk:

Alright, alright.. how about a PB-200 then..

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
Nothing less than a factory built Arredondo modded high gain Plexi with low power modes available. And done all point to point, hand wired, on a turret board. As if that design had been produced in 1970. That is the amp Marshall has never built...but should have.

purpleplexi

Reaction score
Nothing less than a factory built Arredondo modded high gain Plexi with low power modes available. And done all point to point, hand wired, on a turret board. As if that design had been produced in 1970. That is the amp Marshall has never built...but should have.

I would probably strongly consider buying that. Sounds a bit pricey but...
I would be quite happy with a 'studio' version. I know it's sacrilege but I'm a sacrilegious kind of guy.

johan.b

Reaction score
I've said it before... floorboard preamps and powered 1x12 and 2x12 cabs. Redefining what a guitar amp is or could be today without rolling backing into 19inch rack mount world.
Compact, easy to move powered speakers could work with any brand preamp. Preamp can plug into any other brand poweramp/ speakers...metalheads can still have their stacks, but to the rest of the music world, to my ears Marshall has a lot to offer soundwise, but the form factor has been a stumble block long enough...

Last edited:

PelliX

Reaction score
I want headphones in multiple colors and a coffin logo on them.

:woot:

Their old headphones looked awesome, but the Bluetooth stuff... nah. To me anything Marshall (but headphones in general, too) is plug and play. As in physically. If they bring out a new pair that really are just a pair of headphones, they're decent sounding, loud enough and don't entirely break the bank - I'd be interested.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Their old headphones looked awesome, but the Bluetooth stuff... nah. To me anything Marshall (but headphones in general, too) is plug and play. As in physically. If they bring out a new pair that really are just a pair of headphones, they're decent sounding, loud enough and don't entirely break the bank - I'd be interested.

I know they are pretty basic. Ain't gonna compare wit my Audeze LCD-X phones though. Ain't no way Uh uha. As a backup or something just because, as you say, it would be sort of a good Marshall novelty I suppose. How did they end of doing headphones anyway. ?? Lol.

George Dickens

Reaction score
A 4 to 5 watt 8 inch combo with a single ended 6AQ5 power structure and multiple 12ax7's PA.
I would have 2 built in digital FX, a flanger and a delay- both analogue.
The OPT should be scatter-wound by hand in china. The power transformer machine made in the UK.
It should be housed in a small cab that is TOL materials.Designed by a retired punk, a chick who now lives in in Italy and is trying to break into the movies
It could be built in Veitnam but assembled in the UK and cost at least MSRP 400USD a watt. Well okay 342.

So esentially a higher end Marshall Origin ORI5C but with a different powertuvbe andthe built in effects

Last edited:

George Dickens

Reaction score
I know they are pretty basic"...". . How did they end of doing headphones anyway. ?? Lol.

Too many engineer$ with nothing to design or work on as far as amps go?

The WIFI speakers look pretty nice. I see them in the drug store and am oft tempted whentheyre on sale. But I haven't progressed that far techne-logically yet

I dont like the fridge though.

Last edited: