What are your thoughts on Ceriatone

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by tremojem, Dec 14, 2015.

1. tremojem

tremojem Member

I played a Ceriatone Super Lead 100 using a THD Hotplate that a friend brought over for me to A/B with a Splawn Quickrod.

All of this because I just really want a Marshall, but have no experience with them, as I am very new to that type of amp.

So without revealing my review of them.

What are you very honest thoughts on the amps, build quality and sound etc.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  2. Zado

Zado Active Member

Exquisite amps and customer support. Still have to find an amp that makes me wanna trade my Yeti.

3. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

Excellent hand wired quality and customer service. Nik has chosen some of the best circuits available and also added enhancements of his own. I own several Ceriatone amps as well as vintage (and current) amps from Marshall, Fender, Hiwatt, Mesa and others. The Ceriatone amps are world class, my 2204HW is one of the best amps I have played ever. :yesway:

4. A4100K

A4100K Well-Known Member

My Ceriatone son of yeti screams!

5. Zado

Zado Active Member

You do you find it compared to your Pink Taco? I like Friedman amps a lot:hmm:

6. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

Absolutely rock solid brand/product. I had a Chupa for many years side by side with a Quick Rod - and honestly, the Ceriatone edged it out in build quality, and the components and iron were all top shelf as well. Nik built mine and it was impeccable - I still sometimes share the gut shots just to show off the workmanship.

7. dreyn77

dreyn77 Well-Known Member

a name that's hard to say. a decoration which is super silly.
    no actual selling technique out there.
    a product that will endlessly be compared to something.

no sound on record for people to match and findout what IS the actual sound.

based off an amp from 6 generations ago, its kinda silly to be making them today.

A BIG BOLD brand name stuck on the front of a BIG BOX is a concept that just sux. :(

Esspecially today when ALL the serious pro's are hiding the actual gear and/or just using monster PA's which have NO branding on the front of their products.

which makes that ceriatone decoration stuck in the 1950's.

anyway you look at it, it's silly.

this sort of stuff falls into the catagory of, 'does life change for you?'
    if you want life to stay exactly the same, year after year and you never care about the latest technology , then fine, just buy the Royal Enfield motorbike made today to how some english dude did back in 1930, and convince yourself that yamaha R1 hasn't existed.

these things aren't marshalls and shouldn't even be compared to marshalls. it's just a product designed for somebody to make money from the people who 'seem to think but actually don't'.

how many spice girls copy groups actually go onto bigger success than the spice girls?

none.

All you're doing is just rebelling against being next to people.
    there could be 10,000 people near you with a marshall and it shouldn't bother you at all.

you need to address this issue you have with people being on the planet and all buying the same product. mass production means everyone gets the same product.
    we only change up that idea by adding in a thing/concept called numbers. we use numbers to change numbers.
    price influences the numbers who have the product and who is able to take it home.

you clearly have metal issues with big cities.

try and resolve them.

the decoration has ment that you'll have to tell the silly people that your amp is different. cause they won't understand just by looking, you're gonna have to MAKE them think.

that's not gonna make your life easy for you to live.

these amps are gonna give you trouble.

stop impressing people and just live.

8. GuitarMutant

GuitarMutant Well-Known Member

9. SwampThing

SwampThing New Member

Please stop talking

ace1 likes this.
  10. johnfv

johnfv Well-Known Member

thank god for the ignore list :)

ace1 likes this.
  11. plexi-paul

plexi-paul Active Member

Just like other Ceriatone owners, I love my Yeti100. Sounds great. Lots of classic Marshall tones inside with lots of room to create your own. Sounds great at low, mid, and high volume. Build quality is excellent. Nik is fantabulous!

Nothing bad to say about this amp. Have been gigging my amp for 2 years now. Simply awesome

12. ricksconnected

ricksconnected Well-Known Member

and thats the only color he comes in too.

13. tremojem

tremojem Member

Wow...that was an interesting response dreyn77, and thank you all for your responses.

Well, here is what I thought.

I was immediately drawn to the Ceriatone.

We actually used the Hotplate with both amps to be fair, but the Ceriatone felt different under my fingers and sounded slightly different too.

Not to say it was better, just that I bonded with it immediately.

My shortlist for Marshall amp tone is Metro Plex, Bray, Landry, and Ceriatone...oh and of course Marshall.

It will be almost impossible to demo anything other than the Ceriatone, as no shop has the 1987X, 1959SLP or JCM800 2204 (vintage re-issues), or Metro Plex, Bray, and Landry.

So it kinda sucks. But, suffice to say, after many years with s#@%, then finally upgrading to my first tube amp (Mesa Tremoverb) I am really looking to add the Marshall tone to my tool set...I just freak'n love that special tone it has.

Thanks all and keep the opinions coming.

14. ricksconnected

if you seek the "Marshall Tone" then there really is no substitute,
    BUY A MARSHALL, not somebodies version of a marshall.

15. GuitarMutant

Ceriatones look great. If you buy one, please tell me what you end up liking or disliking - I may get one myself sometime.

And as I grow weary of overly narrow viewpoints on this forum, try to remember that if you like it, it's an awesome purchase. If you don't like it, either don't buy it or sell it if you already have. End of story.

MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.
  16. ricksconnected

i agree to a point. remember, your on a marshall forum talking about a marshall copy amp.
    on a case like this you gotta expect a bit of "narrow viewpoints" ya know.
    here is a guy making a living trying to copy anothers design. to most of these guy's and gal
    its "Uncle Jim Marshall" no two ways about it.

17. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I had a Ceriatone which was fine but it left me longing for the real thing so I sold it and bought a Marshall which made me much happier in the end.

18. GuitarMutant

Meh. A good amp is a good amp. If it sounds good, play it.

MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.
  19. GuitarMutant

Oh, and no insult meant:
    Narrow opinions are subjective.
    If someone wants the Marshall tone, no question the Marshall is the answer. Credit where credit is due.
    However, the guys who are constantly berating everything else.... I just don't get it. If that's THEIR "one amp fits all" answer, so be it, but this IS also the "other amps" feed.

20. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands Well-Known Member

Yup. And since Marshall doesn't make a hot-rodded Plexi/JMP, Ceriatone is the cheapest route. :shrug:

I've seen plenty of people happy with their Ceriatones. If you don't want to go the used route, they're a good company. Nik also seems quick to respond to questions as well. He runs a Ceriatone Facebook group you can contact him on, or contact him directly.