Reaction score
I'd rather have a Rockman as well.

Also, cant help it...
Vern.Tessio.Stand-By-Me.webp

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I hope it has a tuner in it.
use your ears man.

whats all this tuner dependence these last 15 yrs or so?
we never had such things back in the day nor did we need them.
only repair guys used them and some performers.
train those ears jeff.

Last edited:

Redguitar

Reaction score
this is pretty cool (if you can get past this ANNOYING girl)
pretty cool for on the go setup for vaccation, visiting family, funerals, ect.

I could only give 3 minutes to the annoying girl. Maybe if I was as baked as she, I could handle the rest. What I did hear from the gadget sounded versatile.

tmingle

Reaction score
use your ears man.

whats all this tuner dependence these last 15 yrs or so?
we never had such things back in the day nor did we need them.
only repair guys used them and some performers.
train those ears jeff.
I learned to tune with a pitch pipe. I tuned the G string from the pipe & tuned the rest off the G string. I tried to tune them all from the pipe & could never get it right(I was playing for about 3 months at the time.) When the piano guy came to service my mothers piano, he checked the pipe for & sure enough the G note was right on! I use the tuner in my Helix, but still adjust slightly.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I learned to tune with a pitch pipe. I tuned the G string from the pipe & tuned the rest off the G string. I tried to tune them all from the pipe & could never get it right(I was playing for about 3 months at the time.) When the piano guy came to service my mothers piano, he checked the pipe for & sure enough the G note was right on! I use the tuner in my Helix, but still adjust slightly.
train that ear my friend. helps in tuning, figuring out songs, in knowing whats gonna sound good together......

tmingle

Reaction score
train that ear my friend. helps in tuning, figuring out songs, in knowing whats gonna sound good together......
I was 14 at the time, I'm 62 now & ear training is an ever developing skill. Tuners were really expensive back then & I am glad they were. . I do wish I would have learned to read music when I was younger.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
I was 14 at the time, I'm 62 now & ear training is an ever developing skill. Tuners were really expensive back then & I am glad they were. . I do wish I would have learned to read music when I was younger.
yeah your right. we didnt think we needed them. tuning by ear was the first skill we really developed.
you were frowned upon worse for not being able to tune than you were for not being able to play so well.
i do have a poloy tuner on my boaed. there was room for it and so i fit it on to fill the space. its works well
for fast keith richards tunings, but rarely even used honestly.

saxon68

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Katana air for me. Small, wireless for guitar and power or plug in. I can move from room to room without worrying about wife/kids/dog tripping over wires, I can even go jam in the back yard if I want. Bluetooth the phone to it and stream music to it and jam with the stars.