Well that's new

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by GregM, Jan 27, 2021.

1. GregM

GregM Well-Known Member

Just got a phone call with a recorded message telling me I'm going to jail for some tax shit.
    How awesome, I hope they pick me up during the week, last time I went to jail for an unpaid fine the buggers picked me up on a Friday afternoon and I couldn't use the library till Monday, so rude.
    Funny too last time the cops came over gave me 3 days to try and pay it, I said no I wasn't and they told me no worries, up to you, we will be back in 3 days.
    How times have changed , oh wait, u don't think it was a scammer do you,,,

trax1139 likes this.
  2. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

sounds fake...

3. mkayers

mkayers New Member

I don't know, I'd hurry up and put in a checking account or credit card number!! :fingersx:

4. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

It's probably a scam.

I got a similar call once, and so called my local IRS office. They told me that they NEVER call on the phone, they will either send a letter, or come to your house in person..Now to clarify, I'm in the U.S., and my caller was claiming to be IRS..State or local tax collectors may have a different M.O., as might different countries.

I was hoping the scammer would call again, I was going to invite him over to my house to talk about it, and then hold him there for the cops! But he never called back.

Bummer, I never get to have no fun..:erk:

5. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

The IRS doesn’t call you on the phone, email or text you, or spread rumors with the fat diabetic hoarders sucking disability funds off the government tit down at the end of the street next to the private corner pharmacy.

They show up at your door.

6. Sapient

Sapient Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

I don't think the government calls people to tell them they are going to jail. They may allude to it in ways though. I just can't see a policy that says "Call him and tell him he's going to jail."

Maybe a loose detective would. Dunno.