Was there an SL-X combo?

FleshOnGear

Reaction score
I’ve never seen one, but I’ve heard that some were made, although very few. I have no idea if that’s accurate or not, I tend to think it isn’t.
It’s hard to imagine that Marshall would go through the trouble of making the face plates for the combos if they only made a handful. I suppose it’s possible, though. I’ve also never seen one.

Rudy v

Reaction score
Although the original amps has been offered in both head and combo form, the sl-x was announced only in 50- and 100- watt head versions.

'2204'

Reaction score
Yea, I saw that...not convinced. I need to see one.

Notice the 900 manual makes no mention of an SL-X Combo model, but does mention the Dual Reverb combos.

View attachment 119989
Well, with your original question, even though I don`t know much about the different JCM 900 models, I thought I would check Dr Tube`s website as it`s always been helpful to me as a reference, not knowing you had already checked it also--just trying to help. After your 2nd post, I looked around on the Internet & also found nothing concerning a SL-X combo. So I wrote to 'Dr Tube' about it & this is his reply to me:

"Hmmmh, I haven't seen one of these combos either.

"It is many years ago I made that page. I just cannot remember where that
information originated.

A quick Google search doesn't give any pics... Mmmmh, odd..."

--
Kind regards
Xavier van Unen MScEE
Dr.Tube
+31-599-512199
www.DrTube.com
www.DrTube.nl

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I would say that the schematics were printed, maybe with the intention that matching combos would follow. Probably common practice at Marshall, since the schematics wouldn't change. Don't think it can be assumed that, just because there were schematics with combo references, that combos were ever made. I'm sticking with, they don't exist.