Vintage Marshall Heads For Sale...

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
The front is stock, it's a one year only front end. Pontiac 400 / 330 hp motor with factory AC, variable ratio power steering, new radiator with big electric fan, factory power disc brakes in front. Just need to figure out why the rebuilt carb isn't opening the secondaries. Probably a linkage problem.

Motor was already rebuilt with 9:5 to 1 pistons, now I just need to figure out the last few gremlins.

Originally this was a green paint with vinyl top. Previous owner did the white/red paint, which needs to be redone. I'm going with all white, and maybe two red racing stripes, if it looks good.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
1971 JMP 50w Lead head still for sale. Reasonable offers only. Please don't think $2000 is going to cover this amp with NOS glass, etc. OK?

TAZIN

Reaction score
Quadrajet carb?...If so then it's probably linkage issue.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Quadrajet carb?...If so then it's probably linkage issue.
And you are correct! I'm happy to report that a local Pontiac guy found the problems with the carb. Just needed the choke linkage fixed, the secondaries on the Q-Jet linkage was loosened up, and the TH400 kick down switch was out of adjustment. It was a fun ride home actually accelerating much better when I pressed down on the gas pedal. So thanks to Bill Baker, V/P of the local Pontiac (POCI) club here in So Cal for getting this car moving!

Total cost: $100 including some back up light bulbs and a trunk lid bulb. Pretty hard to complain about that!

Gunner64

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And you are correct! I'm happy to report that a local Pontiac guy found the problems with the carb. Just needed the choke linkage fixed, the secondaries on the Q-Jet linkage was loosened up, and the TH400 kick down switch was out of adjustment. It was a fun ride home actually accelerating much better when I pressed down on the gas pedal. So thanks to Bill Baker, V/P of the local Pontiac (POCI) club here in So Cal for getting this car moving!

Total cost: $100 including some back up light bulbs and a trunk lid bulb. Pretty hard to complain about that!
Ha. Good to know. My old Vette has just developed this. Q-jet carb and turbo 400 as well.

Latest posts