VH '78 Niagra Falls...

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
They must have been something to witness when they hit the scene. I have a friend who saw them open for Sabbath, not knowing or ever hearing of them before he was so blown away by them
I also seen them open for Sabbath, but we all knew who they were.. being a SoCal local we had seen them in backyard’s, and some of the small dives , Gazaris and so on.

Browneyesound

Reaction score
This would be great if it didn’t keep jumping forward….it is unlistenable as is.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
I also seen them open for Sabbath, but we all knew who they were.. being a SoCal local we had seen them in backyard’s, and some of the small dives , Gazaris and so on.
You saw VH at some of the backyard parties?
Must have been f'ing religious experience.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
You saw VH at some of the backyard parties?
Must have been f'ing religious experience.
Yes we did and before the 1’st album came out.. we were wondering what happened to them because they were really bad ass.
I also caught them at a small dive bar in Pomona, called Walter Mittys .. then when the album came out we new what had happened to them.

Thanks

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
What part of SoCal did you grow up in, Mitch?
La Puente .. the San Gabriel valley
about 30 miles east of Pasadena .
south of Covina, north of Whittier, west of Pomona.. and there were a lot of great guitar players in the area. But Eddie was the most famous.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a place called the Egg Ranch that threw parties on Friday and Saturday nights and plenty of really good bands played there, because the City of Industry sheriffs would rarely shut the show down, because of the lack of neighbors.
Good times for sure..

Cheers

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe LP High or maybe Nogales? Yet he’s a little younger than me so prob graduated in 92. All My wife’s family lives in that area, Glendora, Covina, hacienda…
That’s cool we moved from that area in 1989 .. out here to Moreno Valley..
Was a hell of a good place to grow up in though.. so much has changed since we moved out here in both areas..

Thanks

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Wow....I really wish there was some high quality pro video from the VH early days. What a force they were!!!!
there's a guy on youtube, something like Fresno media restorations, or something...

not pro, but pretty good.

I can't find the original account, but I found this:

there's more, if you look around.

Last edited: