Very Happy Nad - Close Friend Of Mine - 2525c Jubilee

Seventh Son

Reaction score
Jethro Rocker is right. I own both a 2203X and 2555. The 2555 is a little darker and smoother. Not as aggressive as the 2203X. The 2555 does have a very responsive EQ. Both sound amazing to me and they are my two favorite amps. I still own a 1987XL, but I really like the 2203X and 2555 more. I used to own an original 1980 un-modded 2204, a 2210 and a 6100. All fantastic amps in their own right. I couldn't justify 6 heads, so I kept my 2 favorites and one Plexi.

Here are two clips of the same song. Please excuse the playing....it was a one take comparison. I did use a BB Preamp with the gain off and the volume at around 3 PM just to push the front end of the amp since it is a lead solo. At the end of the song, around 3:10, I just mess around with some chords and riffing....gives you a comparison between the 2203X and 2555 (with a boost). Hope this helps....

Yes, you both are right. To my ear, the Jubilee always sounded very saturated in all demos, including yours. It's a very refined type of distortion. It does sound similar to the JCM800, but is definitely darker, more saturated, and just a little more polite sounding. Thanks for taking the time to put the demos together. I'll be studying them in more detail in the coming days.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Jethro Rocker is right. I own both a 2203X and 2555. The 2555 is a little darker and smoother. Not as aggressive as the 2203X. The 2555 does have a very responsive EQ. Both sound amazing to me and they are my two favorite amps. I still own a 1987XL, but I really like the 2203X and 2555 more. I used to own an original 1980 un-modded 2204, a 2210 and a 6100. All fantastic amps in their own right. I couldn't justify 6 heads, so I kept my 2 favorites and one Plexi.

Here are two clips of the same song. Please excuse the playing....it was a one take comparison. I did use a BB Preamp with the gain off and the volume at around 3 PM just to push the front end of the amp since it is a lead solo. At the end of the song, around 3:10, I just mess around with some chords and riffing....gives you a comparison between the 2203X and 2555 (with a boost). Hope this helps....

You are far to modest as I really liked and enjoyed your tone and playing -Bravo :headbanger:

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score

Damm I tell ya brother, the talent on this forum is phenomenal, I sure would like a helping of your talent, excellent playing by the way, loved the riffage at the end also! Cheers Mitch

dptone5

Reaction score
I just finished playing my American Deluxe Strat, with an EVH Wolfgang in the bridge, through my BB preamp through my 2555 Jubilee into two 4 x 12's. One with Greenbacks and the other with older G12T-75's and Classic Lead 80's in an X pattern.

I sit in front of the Greenbacks.....cranked it to "4" on the Output Master, and had it on "8" on the Lead Master. Input Gain on 6.

All I can say is WOW!! There is nothing like cranked Marshall tone. It wasn't unbearably loud, but loud enough to feel it. What an awesome amp!!

2203xman

Reaction score
Great clips,and great playing.You have really evolved as a player in just the short time that I've heard you here on the forum.I really love the both amp tones,but I still lean towards the 2203x,you do that amp justice my friend!Again some really great playing with a ton of heart.

dptone5

Reaction score
Great clips,and great playing.You have really evolved as a player in just the short time that I've heard you here on the forum.I really love the both amp tones,but I still lean towards the 2203x,you do that amp justice my friend!Again some really great playing with a ton of heart.

Thanks for the kind words and for listening my friend. I find that for certain things, I like the 2203X, especially when I want clarity and aggression. The Jubilee works better for smoother tones. Love them both!!

I hope you are well and look forward to hearing some of your clips. You're a terrific player and I really like your work!!

DP

67Mopar

Reaction score
Not to me. Not really. It has way more gain and saturation but doesn't really have that raw, in your face thump and that high end bite. You can EQ like crazy but generally they are a darker amp. Midrange seems to run on a low mid frequency.
+1