Very Happy Nad - Close Friend Of Mine - 2525c Jubilee

dptone5

Reaction score
About 13 years ago, I started mentoring a 14 year old young man at our church, to get him ready to play on the worship team. He was a talented and dedicated teenager, and just a great young man. As he matured, he was no longer a teenager I was mentoring, but became a close friend. He is a terrific blues player and we still play on our church's worship team together.

We talk gear all the time. Both of us love Fender guitars. He has always been a Fender/Vox amp person, but he enjoyed playing my Marshalls. He never wanted a big amp, so since he loves a good Greenback speaker like me, I've been trying to convince him for years to get a Marshall Jubilee 2525C. He really liked the rhythm clip on my 2555, so I knew it would be a perfect fit.

I saw a used 2525C on Reverb last weekend, Mint Condition, only one owner who played it 7 times, $1150 with shipping. I texted him the link and 2 hours later, I got a response that he bought it and it was being shipped.

So we got together today and we put the 2525C through it's paces using his American Deluxe Telecaster, my Am Dlx Strat, Custom Shop 1960 Strat and my 91' LP Classic.

All I can say is WOW!! What a fantastic combo amp. My basement space is not very big, and his 2525C sounded terrific in the room. It definitely sounds like my 1990 2555 Jubilee. Very similar in fact, as we did side by side comparisons. A little tighter and more focused and overall an absolutely fantastic combo amp.

The FX Loop is perfect. With the Boss NS-2 in front of the amp after his OD pedals, the amp makes no noise. The amp is surprisingly light. The craftsmanship is off the charts. The amp looks like it just came out of the Marshall plant. Made in England too.

The clean channel is fantastic. All 4 guitars sounded great in all positions. Using the rhythm clip gives you wonderful Marshall crunch. Playing blues in this mode sounded amazing. The lead channel has so much gain on tap, we really didn't even need an OD pedal, unless we wanted to play smooth, saturated leads. The footswitch that comes with the amp switches between the Clean and Lead channels only. To get the lighter crunch tone, you have to pull the Input Gain switch out for the "rhythm clip".

I own a 2555, 2203X and 1987XL Plexi, however, when I decide I need a more portable combo amp, the 2525C would definitely be my choice. Everything about the 2525C is absolutely GREAT!!

If you're looking for a made in England, Marshall combo, that gives you essentially 3 channels, the 2525C Mini-Jubilee requires serious consideration. Below is the photo of my friend's new amp.....

DP

vOlCxMx.jpg

Last edited:

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
About 13 years ago, I started mentoring a 14 year old young man at our church, to get him ready to play on the worship team. He was a talented and dedicated teenager, and just a great young man. As he matured, he was no longer a teenager I was mentoring, but became a close friend. He is a terrific blues player and we still play on our church's worship team together.

We talk gear all the time. Both of us love Fender guitars. He has always been a Fender/Vox amp person, but he enjoyed playing my Marshalls. He never wanted a big amp, so since he loves a good Greenback speaker like me, I've been trying to convince him for years to get a Marshall Jubilee 2525C. He really liked the rhythm clip on my 2555, so I knew it would be a perfect fit.

I saw a used 2525C on Reverb last weekend, Mint Condition, only one owner who played it 7 times, $1150 with shipping. I texted him the link and 2 hours later, I got a response that it he bought it and it was being shipped.

So we got together today and we put the 2525C through it's paces using his American Deluxe Telecaster, my Am Dlx Strat, Custom Shop 1960 Strat and my 91' LP Classic.

All I can say is WOW!! What a fantastic combo amp. My basement space is not very big, and his 2525C sounded terrific in the room. It definitely sounds like my 1990 2555 Jubilee. Very similar in fact, as we did side by side comparisons. A little tighter and more focused and overall an absolutely fantastic combo amp.

The FX Loop is perfect. With the Boss NS-2 in front of the amp after his OD pedals, the amp makes no noise. The amp is surprisingly light. The craftsmanship is off the charts. The amp looks like it just came out of the Marshall plant. Made in England too.

The clean channel is fantastic. All 4 guitars sounded great in all positions. Using the rhythm clip gives you wonderful Marshall crunch. Playing blues in this mode sounded amazing. The lead channel has so much gain on tap, we really didn't even need an OD pedal, unless we wanted to play smooth, saturated leads. The footswitch that comes with the amp switches between the Clean and Lead channels only. To get the lighter crunch tone, you have to pull out the Input Gain switch out for the "rhythm clip".

I own a 2555, 2203X and 1987XL Plexi, however, when I decide I need a more portable combo amp, the 2525C would definitely be my choice. Everything about the 2525C is absolutely GREAT!!

If you're looking for a made in England, Marshall combo, that gives you essentially 3 channels, the 2525C Mini-Jubilee needs to get serious consideration. The footswitch that comes with the amp switches between the Clean and Lead Channels only. Below is the photo of my friend's new amp.....

DP

I have one, and it is really a great amp, I use the internal Greenback and have it connected to an external cab with a 1*12 Celestion Creamback, perfect match.

BftGibson

Reaction score
Cool DP !! Hunting a VM & Silver Jube to finish the collection..so you say its real close to your reg Jube? Being a big amp fan do you think the mini would be up my alley or look for regular version? yours is a trusted opinion from experience & congrats to the guitar player !

dptone5

Reaction score
Cool DP !! Hunting a VM & Silver Jube to finish the collection..so you say its real close to your reg Jube? Being a big amp fan do you think the mini would be up my alley or look for regular version? yours is a trusted opinion from experience & congrats to the guitar player !

It is real close to my regular Jubilee as far as the tones you can get. It is definitely tighter and more focused, being a combo amp. Marshall left a smaller opening on the bottom of the back, to add some low end thump, and it is definitely there.

It really depends on what you're looking for my friend. If you want to add a Marshall combo to your arsenal, it would be a perfect fit with the amps you have. If you really like having 100 Watt heads, then I'd hold out for a head. The original heads run close to $2k though. You can get a used combo for around $1200 typically.

You wouldn't be disappointed with a 2525C. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

BftGibson

Reaction score
[
It is real close to my regular Jubilee as far as the tones you can get. It is definitely tighter and more focused, being a combo amp. Marshall left a smaller opening on the bottom of the back, to add so low end thump, and it is definitely there.

It really depends on what you're looking for my friend. If you want to add a Marshall combo to your arsenal, it would be a perfect fit with the amps you have. If you really like having 100 Watt heads, then I'd hold out for a head. The original heads run close to $2k though. You can get a used combo for around $1200 typically.

If you ever run that into one of your 4x12's let me know..the mini head could be a Viable option..your right about the cost of the the head. The VM is prob next one in line or a mini jube might just do it, thanks

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
It is real close to my regular Jubilee as far as the tones you can get. It is definitely tighter and more focused, being a combo amp. Marshall left a smaller opening on the bottom of the back, to add some low end thump, and it is definitely there.

Congratulations to your friends new to him amp, sounds as though you have helped this young man out, and kept him on a positive path ! Cheers to your protege! Cool to hear great stories as this is! Mitch

Jon C

Reaction score
That is SO Cool DP !!!
I caught the comment on the NS-2 there ...
I own a few Gates and the Boss is my favorite !
The sidechain trigger design is fantastic …
All the Best !!

Msharky67

Reaction score
I just bought the head a couple weeks ago. Second best amp I've ever owned! Its so dynamic and oozes tone. I have been toying with Bonamassa's tone lately. Got it down pretty good. My 2204 was great too but this does that and so much more too. This should have came out years ago. Enjoy the beast!

slide222

Reaction score
i'm loving the jubes , and the fine tuning is incredible , one of the best-I have my 2525c running tru a greenback H/M 2x12 mix as well -I can't say enough good things about this amp so much so I just got a 2555x , and have that running tru a 2x12 of 1981 g12 80's ,and the headroom and depth is big

Last edited:

dptone5

Reaction score
Great job on the encouragement DP.I wish that I was in a position to amp shop,that combo is very cool indeed.

Thank you 2203xman. He is such a terrific young man. Half my age. Great player and we really enjoy playing together. Made a rode trip to NYC two 2.5 years ago. We went to the Music Zoo and both Guitar Center's in Manhattan. He came home with a Fender Custom Shop 1965 HSS Stratocaster. It was a cool trip.

Hope you get a chance to get this combo someday my friend...

DP

Seventh Son

Reaction score
From all the reviews that I have seen on the amp, it seems like a real slam-dunk from Marshall. The Captain from Anderton's Music stated in a video that the Jubilee is like a hot-rodded JCM800. To the JCM800 experts among you, does that description seem accurate?

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
From all the reviews that I have seen on the amp, it seems like a real slam-dunk from Marshall. The Captain from Anderton's Music stated in a video that the Jubilee is like a hot-rodded JCM800. To the JCM800 experts among you, does that description seem accurate?
Not to me. Not really. It has way more gain and saturation but doesn't really have that raw, in your face thump and that high end bite. You can EQ like crazy but generally they are a darker amp. Midrange seems to run on a low mid frequency.

dptone5

Reaction score

Jethro Rocker is right. I own both a 2203X and 2555. The 2555 is a little darker and smoother. Not as aggressive as the 2203X. The 2555 does have a very responsive EQ. Both sound amazing to me and they are my two favorite amps. I still own a 1987XL, but I really like the 2203X and 2555 more. I used to own an original 1980 un-modded 2204, a 2210 and a 6100. All fantastic amps in their own right. I couldn't justify 6 heads, so I kept my 2 favorites and one Plexi.

Here are two clips of the same song. Please excuse the playing....it was a one take comparison. I did use a BB Preamp with the gain off and the volume at around 3 PM just to push the front end of the amp since it is a lead solo. At the end of the song, around 3:10, I just mess around with some chords and riffing....gives you a comparison between the 2203X and 2555 (with a boost). Hope this helps....

pedecamp

Reaction score
Jethro Rocker is right. I own both a 2203X and 2555. The 2555 is a little darker and smoother. Not as aggressive as the 2203X. The 2555 does have a very responsive EQ. Both sound amazing to me and they are my two favorite amps. I still own a 1987XL, but I really like the 2203X and 2555 more. I used to own an original 1980 un-modded 2204, a 2210 and a 6100. All fantastic amps in their own right. I couldn't justify 6 heads, so I kept my 2 favorites and one Plexi.

Here are two clips of the same song. Please excuse the playing....it was a one take comparison. I did use a BB Preamp with the gain off and the volume at around 3 PM just to push the front end of the amp since it is a lead solo. At the end of the song, around 3:10, I just mess around with some chords and riffing....gives you a comparison between the 2203X and 2555 (with a boost). Hope this helps....

Well done :applause:

Its the feel of the player that makes the sound, I had a hard time telling it was two different amps.