Verizon PUK code scam? More like the PHUK code.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Anyone get caught by this Verizon scam?

Out of the blue the Samsung has no signal,no calls etc in or out.......just stays dialing.
Could be the sim card? I try that...zero results,toggle AP mode nada, try the PUK thingamabob.
They prompt you to Make a password for the PUK yada yada. WTF that is?
As soon as you do, your phone is now a brick, throw it out.
They prompt you to do something, the cell goes into paperweight mode and its over. No way to recover-reactivate- zip-zero-ziltch. Lost everything,...everything!
The VZ dealer, the geeks were puzzled and claimed they never seen one non reversable, and laughed. WTF
Luckily it wasnt an expensive cell.

In short it only took 4 mf hours to have them fail , trying to recover the old, then selling and activating the new one . WTF
Not for nothing, but I expected way more from geeks that play with their damn phones all fn day for a living. Customer service just blew ! This company has some douchy strategy. Lets create some program thats set up to fail. Just to force someone into a corner , so we can profit.
Now its onward with a super cheap phone with a prepaid plan. F them. At least now I save $15 per month for the same plan.
Plus the extremely cavalier VZ manager was a complete pr!ckface.........which DEFINITELY wasnt helping mattters.
Im so jaded toward this company.

It's like me throwing nails in the road in front of my house. Then selling you an overpriced tire around the corner.

Businesses can do whatever the PHUK they want to consumers these days. So sad.

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
iu

Vinsanitizer

Double Platinum Supporting Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting so sick of technology in general, myself. The latest crap with these phones is unbearable too: the Google CEO called to answer before the Senate, Apple's plans to spy on your photos on the phone, the cloud, WTF knows whatall. I've gone back & forth so many time between Apple and Android. My summary is that iOS id for dummies and Android has security settings buried in 15 different places. They both suck, and every time they update the OS some new "feature" appears right in the middle of trying to get something done. I almost chucked one pf them at the wall the other day, I'd had it up to HERE just trying to answer a frigging phone call. Or the keypad is too small, and talking into the device just stores all your words on someone else's servers, or God knows when the thing is listening or isn't. You used to have at least SOME reasonable expectation of security, but as I once said, if they ever change the laws, security goes out the window, as we are all seeing. You all ARE aware of how the laws are changing, right?

I'm thinking about canceling my two phone plans, and getting a Burner phone with a removeable battery, and leaving it in my glove box. They can "triangulate" the shet out of that for all I care.

Technology is KILLING us.

Last edited:

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
You know this was instant Karma for me , for busting your stones about your IP taking pics the other day.

So now I have a $75 Samsung AO2S.
With a $40 per month plan.
I dont care, its just a phone/text/vmail,mostly a cam. Never -ever have I been on the web with a phone.
Best part- NO CONTRACT !
You should see the privacy concerning -hidden app trickery BS ,that I had to go looking for to turn off. I'll be sweeping this POS all week to see if I missed anything. I like how they force apps to run ,and cant disable so they can impede....legally of course.
Im disgruntled with the world lately. I just cant take all the big business BS anymore.
Trac phone is getting more popular these days/

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know this was instant Karma for me , for busting your stones about your IP taking pics the other day.

So now I have a $75 Samsung AO2S.
With a $40 per month plan.
I dont care, its just a phone/text/vmail,mostly a cam. Never -ever have I been on the web with a phone.
Best part- NO CONTRACT !
You should see the privacy concerning -hidden app trickery BS ,that I had to go looking for to turn off. I'll be sweeping this POS all week to see if I missed anything. I like how they force apps to run ,and cant disable so they can impede....legally of course.
Im disgruntled with the world lately. I just cant take all the big business BS anymore.
Trac phone is getting more popular these days/
But let's defend Jeff Bezos' right, with our lives, to be the richest man on the planet. After all, when I become a billionaire, I don't want to have to pay much in taxes either.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
I dont support Bezos whatsoever.
I'll be back to brick and mortar in no time. Well as much as possible anyway.

Exotic

Reaction score
scams they suck man ,someone tried to rob me of 950 today on this site ,i posted a wtb and someone contacted me with pictures from an old reverb sale ,he wouldn't put it on ebay or reverb ,wanted me to zelle him the money ,wasted so much time from my day today !

pedecamp

Reaction score
Anyone get caught by this Verizon scam?

Out of the blue the Samsung has no signal,no calls etc in or out.......just stays dialing.
Could be the sim card? I try that...zero results,toggle AP mode nada, try the PUK thingamabob.
They prompt you to Make a password for the PUK yada yada. WTF that is?
As soon as you do, your phone is now a brick, throw it out.
They prompt you to do something, the cell goes into paperweight mode and its over. No way to recover-reactivate- zip-zero-ziltch. Lost everything,...everything!
The VZ dealer, the geeks were puzzled and claimed they never seen one non reversable, and laughed. WTF
Luckily it wasnt an expensive cell.

In short it only took 4 mf hours to have them fail , trying to recover the old, then selling and activating the new one . WTF
Not for nothing, but I expected way more from geeks that play with their damn phones all fn day for a living. Customer service just blew ! This company has some douchy strategy. Lets create some program thats set up to fail. Just to force someone into a corner , so we can profit.
Now its onward with a super cheap phone with a prepaid plan. F them. At least now I save $15 per month for the same plan.
Plus the extremely cavalier VZ manager was a complete pr!ckface.........which DEFINITELY wasnt helping mattters.
Im so jaded toward this company.

It's like me throwing nails in the road in front of my house. Then selling you an overpriced tire around the corner.

Businesses can do whatever the PHUK they want to consumers these days. So sad.
Samsung is a scummy company dont buy anything from them, I'm almost done getting rid of everything Samsung in my life, electronics, appliances, etc.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
what is PUK?

Exactly, what is a PUK.
A failsafe way/program for VZ to trash your phone in an instant. Forcing you to buy a new one.
Yet the manager claimed they arent a monopoly. Verizon is an evil company that just blatantly screws its customers, and they are just fine with that strategy.
The retard techs dont know much more than the customers .Whats worse than a foolish 19 year old VZ tech?
A 40 year old one.
Im still disgusted. It was un neccessary ,and purposely done to get me to buy a phone out of neccessiitiy.

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
anyway to prove samsung is behind this?

Dont know.
But its definitely a scam program. Its supposedly put in place if anyone stole/found a phone.....to make it unusable. But why would they make a program thats not reversible, even for the true owner of the account, its still non reversible? Thats the scam. In the event the phone was recovered, and a new sims card couldnt be re activated ? wtf
What if this was some $1000 phone, and this is the jig they do? Some people think nothing of dropping a G on a phone, Im not one of them. Id rather buy more tools to make money with ,than some dainty device.
I think its more of a VZ thing rather than SS. But then again , I dont really geek out on phones.
Funny part was the VZ guy was almost appauled that I didnt have the yearning for a $1000 phone. Why would I? I have a laptop-tablet and a desktop.....wtf do I need to play on the web with a 3x5" screeen.
FWIW, I own plenty of SS products,....and I can honestly state that none of them ever gave me any lip over the years, not even the phone before yesterday. Ziltch.
The part that truly burned my azz was the VZ tech that told me to try the PUK thing needs a slap,because he knew what the outcome was going to be.

I think most ppl are just evil / malicious mfers these days, and just like to watch things burn.

These days Im intolerant, and ALL about accountability.

tschrama

Reaction score
Yeah. , mine sound great sound . Love mids and articulation. Sustains forever….. must be the 1969 power tranny

…….

Oh, I thought this was a marshall forum….

DreamerDeceiver

Reaction score
Yeah. , mine sound great sound . Love mids and articulation. Sustains forever….. must be the 1969 power tranny

…….

Oh, I thought this was a marshall forum….

It is ,
but this is a sub forum ,where one can discuss anything above and beyond Marshall.

See:

The Backstage
General discussions not covered by other forums. No nudity, politics or religion.

-Freedom to speak without internet nazis interference.

Latest posts