Using a Pedal to take a plexi into the sweet spot without too much volume

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by Jason Dorne, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

Here I'm using the Tone Of The Gods three in one pedal to take a vintage 100watt Plexi into the godly zone. The 100 watter non master volume is a house destroying beast when you crank it, as we all know, yet there are ways to get to the back N black style gain and sustain levels, or massive crunch tones "without" killing the ears, yet you have to use a complimentary pedal with circuits that match what amp you are using. There are a number of pedals that will achieve unity with the plexi, but today we have the TOTG pedal, and lets see what we can achieve. p.s. not being a fan of attenuators, so to achieve a perfect tone without the need for a power soak, its a good thing indeed.

Amp settings are:
    Presence at 6, Treble at 6, Middle at 5, Bass 3. Volume one 6, jumped volume two 4.
    So amp is set just before breakup, using pedal to push the tubes into the sweet spot and even though there is a decent amount of volume, its still miles lower than the amp on its own. Still all the plexi goodness retained. Just remember, the Tone Of The Gods pedal is designed to make your amp create its own tone. The pedal is NOT a distortion in any way etc, its only designed with circuits that make your own tube amp react the way it would if cranked, as if it has an extra preamp tube added for a cascade effect - all natural tube grind retained. Rocking good times

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Sounds good, I have a LarMar PPIMV on mine it gets plenty crunchy at low volume. :yesway:

3. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

oh yes, the many ways we get to tone heaven. nicely done my friend. :)

pedecamp likes this.
  4. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like quick way to turn a $4000 rig into an off the shelf transistor pedal.

Blasphemy.

I believe you're supposed to plug a $20 amp into that in attempts to get it to sound better.

tschrama, fitz288 and trax1139 like this.
  5. trax1139

trax1139 Well-Known Member

There’s no way I’d plug that thing in to my JMP 1959HW.

fitz288 likes this.
  6. Dblgun

Dblgun Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, I know a video this long is a good deal of work.

7. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

OP owns the pedal company: https://www.toneofthegods.com

All he's doing is spamming MF with videos from that site. He's scamming out of a "Vendor" account and should not be spamming anyway.

tschrama and Derek S like this.
  8. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

the amp i used when designing the circuit was a 1959hw, so its a bloody good match. thanks for your interest

9. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

i came in here to chat to my friends and show them my latest demos, and it was and is fantastic to chat to them, everyones happy. glad to see you have a great attidude to life :p Can i see your videos?

10. StrummerJoe

StrummerJoe Well-Known Member

All I did was be honest. You make a good product and have excellent customer service.

If the pedal sucked and you were hard to deal with I would have said as much too. Thankfully that's not the case.

IMHO, the TOG is worth what you are charging considering it takes the place of three pedals and does it very well in each respect.
    I wish you much success. :cheers:

fitz288 and ricksdisconnected like this.
  11. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

all good. its all art in the end. and we all love gear, try this and that until we find something cool for a time, until we change and then start trying new gear all over again. its all fun :)

StrummerJoe likes this.
  12. StrummerJoe

Amen to that! I have so much gear my wife doesn't know when I get something new anymore! Especially pedals.

"What? THIS old thing? Sure you've seen it before." lol

fitz288 and ricksdisconnected like this.
  13. StrummerJoe

14. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

Absolutely. I just got the new joe satriani signature guitar, because "i really needed it", i really did you know. haha

ricksdisconnected likes this.
  15. Derek S

Derek S Well-Known Member

And here I thought he was just spamming the board with his videos for clicks/plays lol (we seem to have a handful of the same dudes that just pop in, post videos seeking clicks/plays and leave until their next video is ready - never actually taking part in the rest of the board, it's just cheesy form IMO, personally always skip their nonsense when I see it)...but I didn't realize this new slew of threads/vids were about spamming for $ too, that's even worse (if true).

Eric'45, Sapient and Dblgun like this.
  16. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Gold Supporting Member