BlueX

Reaction score
After looking about and spending some time meditating on the porcelain throne the slot needs to be a chevron at 31° in keeping with the design
I like this idea (and that's the best place for ideas)

Geeze

Reaction score
Both drilled and cut

bSU979s.jpg

SLiedx0.jpg

Edges rounded.

92ZUiQm.jpg

Not sure I like it but it was the best compromise vs. no handle.

Russ

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure I like it but it was the best compromise vs. no handle.
I think it looks better than just a slot - and indescribably better than a bolt-on aftermarket handle.
Functionality with style.
Once there's an amp in there and it's closed up, it'll just be a shadow in the pattern.

Geeze

Reaction score
Before I glued on the bottom bits, I sealed the center stripes and diagonals as I plan to dye the appropriate inside parts blue - don't know how well it will work but we shall see.

7celXc0.jpg

After the bottom parts were glued, I noticed an oops that required a .075" strip to fill in.

r10jCk4.jpg

That's all for today. I plan to do some fitting of the rest of the bottom, the fake fingers then sanding.

Russ

Geeze

Reaction score
Proud finger joints sanded flat now for corner round. 3/8" witness lines drawn

lHcRMBy.jpg

40 grit orbital applied

jAEOBO5.jpg

Face plate in work. I hadn't planned on any blue bits on the front but the naked reality of amp chassis and mounting hardware changed my mind.

83HcHfo.jpg

Most of the bottom will be cut off for the control slot but on the upside I don't have to cut additional cooling vents.

Russ

faerdi

Reaction score
This is by far the most interesting thread at the moment. Looks stunning so far. Can‘t wait to see the final result.

Geeze

Reaction score
I had a couple of unhappy bits on two of the diagonals and trimming for piping eliminated both - happy! Another unsung hero in my shop is a 'shooting' board used to straighten edges.

RZttcvt.jpg

I cut and milled with width the maple piping which I typically attach with screws. In this instance it will make it easier to keep the piping white this way. I thought about red piping or blue piping but realized that white is the only one that borders both - so white it is!

odcORPY.jpg

Face plate posed tor glamour shot. I plan to use small steel brackets and neodymium magnets to hold it to the chassis.

X1nmjpB.jpg

I originally planned to trim the piping where it intersects the flag stripes but after looking at it I like the demarcation it presents.

EX9Jhhp.jpg

What think you?

Russ

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
What think you?
Yes - white "piping".
Looks wicked awesome, I can't wait for the blue to return...
I may have missed it if you mentioned earlier, but what's going in it?

BlueX

Reaction score
What think you?
I love it! Great idea, and amazing work. Thanks again for the detailed pictures, it's a real pleasure to follow. The front looks great with the piping.

One question: how will you keep the blue stain from migrating over to the white/unstained parts?

Latest posts