TSL60 trade for Gibson LP tribute?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by rj ryno, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:16 PM.

1. rj ryno

rj ryno New Member

Greetings,

I'm selling my 2020 Gibson Les Paul Tribute, and someone offered to trade for a jcm2000 TSL60 head and 1960 cab.

My thoughts, the gibby is fairly new and cost me over $1500 cdn (apprx 1200us). I also recently bought a marshall MA100 all tube head, despite the bad reviews (it was only 200 bucks). I ended up selling it for what I paid. I am cautious after that experience, especially if I lose out on 1.5k.

Just curious if you think it is a worthwhile trade?...thx in advance. I have a few other gibsons, so not worried about trading away as precious guitar, its the value i'm worried about. I tried looking online for price, but couldn't find much.

2. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Gold Supporting Member

A TSL60 & 1960 might be worth about $1,200US depending on condition.
    Reverb has the amps & cabs selling around $500-700 range each, so you're not WAY off on value if good condition.
    Do you want a TSL60 & 1960?
    Are you selling the LP to buy a better tube amp than the MA100?
    If you sold your LP for cash tomorrow, would you rush out and buy a TSL60 & 1960?
    Get the gear you really want because you really want it, not because of what it might be worth in a trade.

3. rj ryno

rj ryno New Member

Actually I just bought a new telecaster and have to sell one of my guitars to make up for it. But I can figure something else out if I get the Marshall. I really do want a half decent marshall though, and yeah it comes with the 1960A cab and footswitch. So I think I might go ahead with it....thanks fitz!

The only thing is, they said the reverb doesn't work, but all 3 channels work fine. I don't mind getting it serviced though.

4. scott6762

scott6762 Active Member

Keep your Les Paul.

Leonard Neemoil likes this.