>

TSL 122 chassis same as 100?

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by BobVigo, Sep 1, 2021.

1. BobVigo

BobVigo Member

I got a 122 for stupid cheap at a garage sale. Needed some work but now it’s kicking. I don’t really care for it as a 2x12 but through my 4x12 I’m impressed.

I wanted to know if the chassis mounts are the same on the 122 as the 100. If so, I might try and and find an empty head cabinet.

2. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Silver Supporting Member

Yes, I'm fairly certain it's the same chassis, but the faceplate lettering will be upside-down if you put the 212 into a head shell.

Jethro Rocker and Gunner64 like this.
  3. Leonard Neemoil

Leonard Neemoil Active Member

If they aren't the same and you have some carpentry skills it's easy to just build your own.

I've done that with a 2x12 for the same reason. I didn't get all fancy with tolex though. I just did the round over and sprayed some black bedliner on it and threw some corner protecters on it.

Good enough for me.

Depending on whether you'll be gigging or whatnot, and how picky you are, there's no reason to even do the round over, corners, or paint.

Either way, good luck and enjoy the awesome new amp. :jam:

Jethro Rocker likes this.
  4. BobVigo

BobVigo Member

I might just build a cab. I made a finger jointed cab for a Fender Deluxe I built before. Won't be anything fancy, just to hold the chassis.

5. gregr

gregr Well-Known Member

99% sure they aren’t. I have two 2x12 combos. Chassis are 23.5” combo vs 26” head.

Jethro Rocker likes this.