Triscuit with that whine?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I know you guys think I'm a crank but one thing I've never done is complain about critical comments being "mean." I figure if a member can't take objective criticism of their thread, they shouldn't have posted it. A while back there were a couple of guys with real mental health issues. I didn't mind them, joshed around with dreyn quite a bit and even though I told Nathan Brown what a slacker and wanker he was, I can't think of a single time that either cried "foul." It seems lately that the mettle our of membership is wanting.
    BTW, I miss dreyn and hope he is well. I miss Nathan and Jack Daniels, too, but the mods' will be done.

Clockworkmike likes this.
  2. jstich

jstich Well-Known Member

Shit I miss Amp mad scientist. dreyn was about done here by the time I joined.He was a trip.

Biddlin likes this.
  3. Geeze

Geeze Well-Known Member

I don't mind opposing views or criticisms if they are given in the spirit of improvement or knowledge. I do mind snark as a means of counting coup. I stopped supporting TGP for the pile on mentality of verbal abuse. These are discussion forums not fight clubs.

Dreyn always gave full value.

Russ

LPMarshall hack and Biddlin like this.
  4. Sustainium

Sustainium Well-Known Member

:slash: OP is alright with me! :rock:

Biddlin likes this.
  5. shredless

shredless Well-Known Member

Rosemary with Olive Oil

I never much cared for the triscuit, was more into the wheat thins. But now that triscuit comes in a plethora of flavors, lm DTF

6. mcblink

mcblink Well-Known Member

I like to slather them in cream cheese, and then proceed to eat way too many

LPMarshall hack and shredless like this.
  7. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Well-Blown Member Double Platinum Supporting Member

Yeah....I'm with ya

After all, this ain't the "Marsha's Cramp Forum"

secretsoundz likes this.
  8. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

If you air your dirty laundry in public, generally there will be criticism..it should not come as an offensive surprise. It should be expected. It's always been that way.

The wimpification starts young. I know When we were kids if we had a problem with each other we solved it, most of the times with fists. If we got bullied..same thing. Stand up for yourself and be proud. No participation trophies either. You won you won, you lost you lost. Just like real life.

When We did wrong, like say throwing rocks at the neighbors windows the neighbor would smack us, take us home and dad would smack us again. We learned something from all of this, the dif between right and wrong of course, and how to cope and deal with difficult situations, which lets face it continue into adulthood.

Kids have become pampered...participation trophies and time outs..ect...NONE of of which teaches the kid how to deal with loss, failure and other situations they WILL incounter in adulthood.

So when the kid , now a young adult, becomes frustrated they claim to have a whole peck of emotional problems and get medicated. And in some cases the frustration over the inability to deal with adverse situations leads to the kid taking a rifle to school. Sad but true.

Imo The "Timeout" generation is by far less able to cope with life than the "crack on the ass when we needed it" generation that's for sure.

There are no timeouts in the adult world. Plenty of metaphorical swats on the ass however.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  9. shredless

*** pops two midol ***

Trelwheen likes this.
  10. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Throws “Shred” a maxi pad :agreed:

Trelwheen and shredless like this.
  11. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Yup, they got a drug for that.
    People, just observe and most of it will become crystal clear. The mood swings, erratic behavior, instant stupidity and they think you are not sharp enough to figure out they are high as a kite or coming down off of something. Dealing with this gets old after a while.

12. shredless

*** bats it with a stratocaster ***

Trelwheen likes this.
  13. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Trelwheen likes this.
  14. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

*** And its a Home Run ***

:woot::woot::woot:

shredless likes this.
  15. Clockworkmike

Clockworkmike Well-Known Member

A few things I never try to do is:

1)Feel sorry for myself but will empathize with a total stranger
    2)Cry about someone being mean or using "bad" language. We're all adults and should act like it. I curse like a sailor and thats just how i talk, this is the real world.
    3)Get mad over politics or religion. I tend to steer a conversation against both because both are purely useless topics. Yes, politics are immensely important in our day to day lives ( religion not so much for me, but if it makes you a better person, awesome!) but i have my own views and im sure they differ greatly than a lot of people here. I tend to like most people here and so i shut the hell up with that nonsense