Traveling to Milan Italy mid November....any suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by flyinguitars, Nov 3, 2015.

1. flyinguitars

flyinguitars Well-Known Member

Im going for work for a few days and decided to go a few days early and stay a few days extra and bring my wife for a last minute vacation.

i will probably be arriving on sunday and dont have to be back to milan until wed mornig and then Im staying about 15 miles south of Milan on wed, thurs, friday. Then probably going to fly home Sunday or Monday, so I have a couple days before and after my work tasks to sightsee.

Any suggestions? I've heard that Cuomo and Cinque terre...and Rome are nice

2. rmlevasseur

rmlevasseur Well-Known Member

Can't tell you much about Milan but Rome is my favorite European city. The Vatican is a must, and for creepy check out the Cupuchin Crypt. Do stop and eat at every sidewalk restaurant you can....oh so good.

3. drriff

drriff Well-Known Member

Don't do drugs - a good suggestion for anywhere you go. :)

4. flyinguitars

Not me...I have DEA schedule 1-4 narcotic clearance for work...lol....it would ruin my life in more ways than one.

But tequila. ..thats a different story...haha

5. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

Well, Milan is so big and filled with culture so it's difficult to point out everything. The Duomo cathedral is a must. Right next to it is the Galleria, and at the end of that, through the exit is the world famous opera house la Scala. All of this is right next to each other.
    But you should try to go to Como. It's like 40 km to the north and simply breathtaking. Right on the lake of Como with the alps in the background.
    Also, the last supper fresco is in a small church in Milan.
    Have fun!

6. Les Moore

Les Moore Well-Known Member

Missed Cinque Terre. On the riviera. Lived near there as a child. Totally awesome. Genova is beautiful. Lots and lots of incredible restaurants. If you like fish, it doesn't get any better. You must eat pasta con pesto. Pesto is from the riviera region originally. San Remo, also incredible. Well the whole region:) The mountains contrasting the sea.

7. flyinguitars

Thanks for the info! I found out that I will have 3 complete days to sightsee. Arriving in Milan Monday morning at 8am and will not have to work until Thursday morning.

I have to decide if I should just pick one location and spend all of our free time there or spend our time traveling around....not sure what to do yet.

8. Grenade

Grenade Well-Known Member

Look for Pepe, aka Lt. Kojak from the Duncan forum and check out the prototype Hy-Bro pickup that is a neck version of the 59/Custom.