Time Travel

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Vinsanitizer, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Where are we with this?

Have we made any progress yet?

What will electric guitars and amps be like 1,000 years from now?

What will people think of today's electric guitars and amps 1,000 years from now?

Will there still even be electricity?

Will there still be any people?

I am very concerned about this right now.

2. Sapient

Sapient Life Coach & Birthday       Planner Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

This has already been done ...about 8 months ago we all went to bed and woke up fast forwarded to Armageddon. They said one day machines that counted people's "preference" could be hacked and manipulated by cyber criminals to bring rise to the devil and his demon cohorts. Don't confuse these "cyber" criminals with computer "gurus" either, because they learned computers from ATM machines and cell phones which in turn makes them master mouse clickers on the "Click Here" buttons. If they had to type in a basic command into the command prompt they'd call out a new (not really) terrorist group that runs around in black so they could fight for a newly branded safe zone. They are very big fish in their goldfish bowl ....millennials they are (disclaimer: not all).

Oh .."Will there still be people?". As clearly in the wide open as the sun but unseen by the blind donkey, indeed there is to be ..but no one like the donkey.

donkey.png

Good thread, Vin'ster!
    :shred2:

DaDoc, Trelwheen, ibmorjamn and 2 others like this.
  3. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Vin, glad to see you are back or did you post this like 5 weeks ago? You haven't time tripped? It's possible, I looped once, weird when that happens. In the early 70s I was walking down a sidewalk in Columbus towards south campus. Looked up at a familiar business's hanging sign while passing by. A few minutes later walking in the same direction, I passed by it again. Yes, it was the 70s.

4. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

It will be like Mad Max but everyone is fighting for toilet paper instead..

5. Sapient

Sapient Life Coach & Birthday       Planner Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

Yes, welcome back Vin'ster. Wasn't the same without ya. You have what we call .....cha(ka) ..ris(riz) ....ma(mah).

:cheers:

6. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

I've proven that there is no time travel, at least none I'll ever have access to, because I've never found the note to myself, left at a designated date and location, that I'd leave to myself if in the future I could go back in time and leave myself that note which includes a list of lottery numbers to play, hot stocks to buy, and of course, games and races to bet on.

7. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

So , that’s where you’ve been Vin . Time traveling while we are all stuck in a pandemic.
    You spacemen are always tricky.
    Your questions , it will look like planet of the apes in a 100 years.
    https://d.newsweek.com/en/full/8706...=1200&q=88&f=7f6257b00c78cc71f3e2372875304ce0

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  8. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

What will electric guitars and amps be like 1,000 years from now?

Don't know for sure but if you think vintage prices suck now................................

9. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Certified B.S. Launcher Double Platinum Supporting Member

I used to think we would eventually blow ourselves up.

Now it's clear we are just about to.

Moments before it happens we'll know for sure if somebody from the future is ever going to pop in and save us. Which I seriously doubt, because like I said we're about to blow ourselves up.

Ramo, Sapient, DaDoc and 4 others like this.
  10. anitoli

Not "we" i have no part in it, i am just trying to eat, collect gear, and get laid. That's it. Nothing more.

11. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

12. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Certified B.S. Launcher Double Platinum Supporting Member

We're all guilty! Think about it

But instead of throwing blame around we should be using what time we have to invent time travel so we can pop back to a relatively safe time period.

I think I'd choose to go back and hang out with Bach. I'd take a generator, lots of gas and an electric guitar rig along with me. Oh, and some weed and lots of seeds. Should be good times.

Traveling backward in time, according to many modern theorists, is possible. And I'd assume it would be the only safe direction to go anyway.

I hope someone does build an apparatus to take us far back into our past. I'd build one myself but right now I'm saving up for a Custom Shop Stratocaster.

13. anitoli

In the Bach days that "mud" on their shoes and pants wasn't mud............

14. Australian

Australian Green Beret Silver Supporting Member VIP Member

Cultures come and go. When is the last time you smoked the peace pipe?. It's real biatch, this culture will be wiped out...when, I don't know. And they'll start again over again with stone axes...
    Many Iroquois once stood where you stand right this minute.

What was pulled on this culture this year will happen again...give it about 4 years, and they'll chip away at the foundations a bit more or a lot more.

Sapient, Trelwheen and Vinsanitizer like this.
  15. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Peace pipes are now "Bongs"

And as long there is "PIZZA"

Thats a start:cheers:

16. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Good to see ya back, Vin! :applause:

Time travel? It's a cool idea, but I don't think it's gonna happen..I fact I hope it don't, because there would inevitably be a lot of greedy opportunistic assholes plundering riches and altering the future to suit themselves or their agendas, and would probably screw up the present even more than it already is, or maybe even destroy it altogether.

As far as 1000 years from now, in light of the road we're currently barreling down I seriously doubt there will be any humans left alive, with the exception of maybe a few scattered primitive tribes of survivors left. If any guitars or parts of guitars are left at all, they will probably be unplayable, rotted relics that are found from time to time, sort of like finding an arrowhead in a cornfield.

We hear about things like semi-automatic firearms being called "weapons of mass destruction", "weapons of war", ect..With this type of rhetoric coming from the same greedy power-hungry assholes who sit with their fingers on the buttons of doomsday weapons that are capable of wiping the entire human race from the face of the earth several times over, in a matter of hours..Sad, and the hypocrisy is disgusting.

Sorry for the pessimism, but as things stand that's the way I see it.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  17. LPMarshall hack

LPMarshall hack Well-Known Member

Well that settles it. I’m NEVER going to the future

ibmorjamn, Sapient, Trelwheen and 3 others like this.
  18. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

I would travel to the past long before I would travel to the future, in fact I've dreamed of going back to some point in a good era of history and just blending in and disappearing.

The wife got me into the "Outlander" series on HBO during this covidcrap mess, the shoe's premise is pretty cool, traveling through stones into different points in history..:hmm:

Sapient and Vinsanitizer like this.
  19. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Time travel is risky, you could end up under a dome on Tralfamador protected from an atmosphere of cyanide gas. That happened to Billy.

20. TXOldRedRocker

TXOldRedRocker Well-Blown Member* Gold Supporting Member

Guitars will be all optics. 6/12 laser beams from neck to bridge. Pickups will have lasers intersect with the "string" lasers. You just pass your fingers through the lasers and it will send the signal optically to the amp, which will be a bunch of lasers bouncing around inside. You use futuristic knobs to make fluctuations in the laser light for different effects. Speaker cones will be white. Because everyone then will still be worried about rogue viruses and the future will have the ultimate "clean look". White EVERYWHERE. On EVERYTHING. (Not referring to people.) Clorox, Inc. will be bigger than Apple, Coke, Microsoft and Wal-Mart combined. Buy Clorox stock for your great-great-grandchildren.

Oh, and the music is REALLY GONNA SUCK! People will still be listening to 1960's - 1970's rock.

No time travel. Time runs faster or slower based on gravity. So it can be sped up or slowed down relative to our time as we know it on the surface of earth. But time cannot run backwards nor jump dramatically forward.

And yo!, I pity the fools of the future.

DaDoc and Vinsanitizer like this.