The vaccine

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by shredless, Dec 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shredless

shredless Well-Known Member

Discuss like adults pleeze

Old Punker and LPMarshall hack like this.
  2. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

3. FutureProf88

FutureProf88 Well-Known Member

I'll be getting one as soon as it is available.

Metroman, Old Punker, DaDoc and 6 others like this.
  4. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Cmon , you KNOW that aint possible .......:lol:

The VA had put a message out for volunteers . Im game ,my parents are 86 yrs old ,Im tryin to hang out with 'em .My son lives 8000 miles away ,I wanna go visit him . My business has been impacted long enough

RIP Charley Pride

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  5. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Well-Known Member

A wide distribution of the vaccine to health care workers, ppl that are already in danger/have co-morbidities, and people over 55, or 60 or 65...would effectively stop the health care emergency because the effect on everyone else is manageable. Vaccines accelerate the timeframe to achieve herd immunity so I'm all for it.

Not sure if I'll get the vaccine personally, I've only gotten a flu vaccine once or twice and it was at least 10 yrs ago. I almost never get the flu and actually got it the year I took that vaccine.

FWIW a very close friend of mine, a 72 yr old, was recently put on a ventilator as is his mid 30's year old daughter, who has down syndrome is quite obese and has always been prone to colds, flu and nearly passed about 10 yrs ago with a respiratory infection. In other words, both were optimal candidates for the vaccine and we pray they make it thru.

Old Punker, DaDoc and SkyMonkey like this.
  6. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

mRNA vaccine. Never approved or used in the US before, and never fully tested. Who wants to be the guinea pig?

"The first Covid-19 vaccine to reach the market will be one completely unalike any before. Developed by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna is new mRNA technology, never before approved for use in humans in the United States; “m” is for Messenger. This vaccine does not have the coronavirus in it. Instead, it instructs your body to make the Covid-19 spike protein. Once injected, you create a threat to yourself and then go to war against the threat you created. This is deliberate manipulation of the very core of our biological makeup. This vaccine has a very real potential to alter who and what we are."

mAx___, Ramo, Michael Roe and 2 others like this.
  7. ido1957

ido1957 Active Member

I'm looking forward to getting vaccinated as soon as possible. Period.

8. Dmann

Dmann Well-Known Member

I'm a rare one, allergic to all vaccines. When I got my 1st shots at 2 months old, I died for a few minutes.. apparently.

Did some tests when I was mid 20's no change, told it's for life.

So no vaccine for me.

9. rick16v

rick16v Well-Known Member

Me too, as will my family.

10. EndGame00

EndGame00 Well-Known Member

Had an anaphylactic shock on flu vaccine 18 years ago...

nope....

anitoli likes this.
  11. fat_lenny

fat_lenny Well-Known Member

I’ll get it once it’s available here. No real word on that yet.

for the last couple of months there has been no real community transmission here of Covid, only cases in hotel quarantine of returned travelers.

apparently the boarder to NZ is about to freely open as well for travel.

but I’d like to see us open to the rest of the world when safe, rather than existing in our current bubble, as safe as it is. So vaccinations it is.

we put our trust in science for pretty much everything so I don’t see the rationale in being selectively against this.

Yes there is a small chance of an adverse reaction to any vaccine and some people know they can’t/shouldn’t have it. The rest of us getting it will help these people as well.

12. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

Hey Anitoli, do you have a link to this?

13. fitz288

fitz288 Space-Time Curver Silver Supporting Member

I'm going to listen to the scientists that know more about this than the conspiracists.

I did an online calculator to determine my risk factor & my hypothetical place in line of 100.
    It said I'm in the mid 90's so I'll be almost last in line to get the vaccine, but I'll take it when it's my turn.
    I'll do so more to protect those I care for, and those that cannot protect themselves, than to protect myself.

14. Maggot Brain

Maggot Brain Well-Known Member

I dont trust It, call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever but I do not trust any big pharma.

Living outside the US I have obtained a better perspective of the pure consumerism and drug industry that dominates the US. While I'm living in Mexico you rarely see a TV commercial pushing any drug other than different tylanol or headache medication. Soon as I arrive in the US and pop on the TV... Boom! "Ask your doctor about _____!" Or "Buy this unessecery product!" With a bunch of hokey actors looking all happy as can be with said advertised product..... Ok so what I am trying to get at is when you see the drug commercials just focus on the side effects! Usually the voice over says them fairly fast and monotone to kinda burry it with the music... You'll see a comercial for a migraine medication with side effects worse than a migraine, sometimes you'll even hear "could cause death"... Like wtf? I don't trust any of that pharmaceutical industry when then can actively PUSH drugs with even a 1% chance of "death". What I dont get either is, why do you have to ASK your doctor? Shouldn't the doctor be the one educated on recommending medication? I know the 1% chance of death can be argued with "you could choke on a bannana and die too" but idk.... I dont trust that industry and saddly I feel the vaccine is being pushed, rushed and is one giant experiment. I imagine it will be years before we know the full lasting effects of a Corona vaccine.

Sorry for my crazy rambling haha I must add that I do hope for the best and that I am wrong and this vaccine allows us to step closer to returning back to "normal".

mAx___ and DaDoc like this.
  15. Jon Ofjord

Jon Ofjord Member

When my turn comes I'll get the injection. I don't understand the fear of not understanding what is in it. People eat McDonald's without question and they don't know what's in that stuff, either. Hot dogs? Don't get me started.

Metroman, Old Punker, DaDoc and 5 others like this.
  16. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

"The Vaccine..."

sounds like a new Hollywood blockbuster thriller...

17. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Give it time , it will be.
    I think “The Blacklist ” already covered this subject!

Old Punker, DaDoc, Frodebro and 2 others like this.
  18. Filipe Soares

Filipe Soares Well-Known Member

I believe I´m a pretty reasonable person and I´ll give you my 2 cents.

I'm not in a risk group, I'm pretty much isolated and taking care of myself. I really don't like the idea of being an early adopter of a vaccine, specially because I don't need it. Although I'm pretty eager to become immune to covid I do not wish to be in the first group of people to use any vaccine. for that I'll wait a little bit more to see how people react to the first vaccines so I can take my shot.

I believe in science, I'm not sharing any political views. the only thing I'm concerned is how the vaccine will be effective and its counter effects in the population. As soon as I PERCEIVE it as SAFE I´ll gladly take my shot.

19. Sapient

Sapient   Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

[​IMG]

...first.

20. neikeel

neikeel Well-Known Member

If you are in a vulnerable group then it is a no brainer, you really ought to get a vaccine, be it the Pfizer/Biontech or wait for the Oxford/Astra Zeneca chimp vaccine which has a more conventional approach but there are still questions.
    Being an mRNA vaccine it may not have a long term efficacy (ie greater than 12 months) but if it is a passport out of here then we will have to go with it.
    I am torn as I have regular PCR swabs every 2 weeks (negative) and antibody titres (and still have positive Corona antibodies after 9 months) so there are more deserving souls than me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.