**The Ultimate Origin 50 (h) - as versatile as my Boogie's* Yeah, I said it.

Neptical

Reaction score
So, after having both my Big O50(h) for a week plus and spending time dialing them in - I must say, these amps are beautifully versatile. Between the output settings, Tilt and the Boost, there's a lot to offer. The speakers make a HUGE difference with these amps.

*Tip*

For metal/ hard rock fans, I keep an SD-1 (clean boosted) and Wampler Tumnus always ON. The RAT II works great as well, but I love the headroom, thickness and creaminess of the Tumnus. Desert island combo.

Choose your output settings :
-Low Output works best to get the ultimate tightness. This setting has a very gate-like feel.
-Master Volume Half Way PLUS
-Treble, Mids, Bass and Tilt will really be preference to your gear. But I'll wager to say, if you want those JCM type tones ( in tandem with your pedals), Less Is More. You'll find you don't have to move the dials all that much - except for Bass. Yes, FAT and PUNCHY.

Also, today I realized another gem setting - although, I don't know how it translates how or why in the circuit. If you want to increase the thickness of tone, crank the Presence 5-6, Master 6+,Crank Bass, keep Tilt on ZERO, Boost for Volume.

It's JCM territory with some glassiness underneath.

Time is coming. These amps will be sought after, so get your Big O's!

Latest posts