The Tone Of The Gods Pedal - RELEASED - First Epic New Live Demo

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Jason Dorne, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

Hey everyone.

Finally the pedal has been released.

Check out the pedals website here: www.toneofthegods.com

The demo here is epic and states so much about the pedal, enjoy.

Ill answer any questions here you like, its all fun.

Going out the door like hot cakes, get yourself a low serial number. :)

Enjoy!

p.s. The quick start manual and deep dive manual states you need a 9volt boss style adapter with 300mA output to run this pedal. NOTE: We have updated the manuals and website with more clarity on the adapter info. i.e. It will not run on batteries due to its high internal voltage demand. Also, do not run it on 12 or 18volts either, as thats not needed anyhow nor tested with this pedal. The website has been updated to state on the main page this adapter information.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    SkyMonkey, Barfly, ibmorjamn and 5 others like this.
  2. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

damn that sounds very nice. looks wild inside too. very state of the art looking.
    if i could afford it i would order right now. i bet 8 minutes review doesnt do it justice.

3. twangsta

twangsta Active Member

man that wild; so useful
    it's got a solodallas storm + jan ray + fancy boost with eq + a passive master, each one switchable!
    That's really 4 pedals in one, smart guy!

4. tallcoolone

tallcoolone Well-Known Member

Ok, I am intrigued

5. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

I looked all over through the manuals & the site, but didn't find the answer.

What does it take to power this thing?

Does it take batteries? Does it come w/ power supply?

What's the native power requirement?

If, say, it runs on 9v, can you run it at 18-24v (or more)?

6. crossroadsnyc

crossroadsnyc Senior Moderator Staff Member

With all of the competition in the pedal market, I'm glad they went w/a humble name ... could be a sleeper!

7. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

Reminds me of SansAmp.

8. tallcoolone

I would like to know this as well

Dogs of Doom likes this.
  9. 3131strat3131

3131strat3131 New Member

I bought this very pedal #11 in this video going off the review by Brett Kingman here. Seriously blown away and I only have it a day or two. Gave it a great run through on my 4x10 Fender Deville and I'll be running it through my 1974 50 watt JMP this weekend.....Or maybe both! It's an extremley well made and robust unit. One of my friends said it looked like 12 pints of Guinness on a tray at first glance! I'm Irish so I get that! I'm just running it at 9v from my Cioks unit. I haven't opened it up yet but as far as I know a 9 volt battery will run it as well. It doesn't come with a power supply, well mine didn't but it's a demo unit. From what I know Pete Thorn and others will be doing more demo's soon. I'd love to see Tim Pierce or Dan and Mick from 'That Pedal Show' give it a lash. It seems equally at home with my Strats as it does with my PRS's (HB's) guitars. I know there are more and more great drive pedals released every day but this could be a modern day classic some day. P.S. I have no affiliation whatsoever with JDAnalog......Just know a great pedal when I hear one! Peace.

10. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

In the deep dive manual and the quick start manual that you can download on the website, it states 9volt negative centre adapter needed with 300ma or more. Cant use batteries because of the high voltage capacity inside the pedal.

Dogs of Doom likes this.
  11. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

Hey
    mate, great to see you rocking on the pedal. It cant take batteries because the high voltage parts in the pedal would drain the batteries in minutes and make the battery quite hot. lol Yes, it tastes pretty close to 12 pints of guinness, i tried it. haha

12. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

no one sleeps when you crank this baby. :)

crossroadsnyc likes this.
  13. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

Both the quick start manual and the deep dive manual states 9volt negative centre 300ma+ adapter needed to power it. You don't need 18-24v adapters to use with it, and it wasn't designed with those external voltages.

14. crossroadsnyc

Lol, I was just joking around ... it looks pretty cool, actually. If it lives up to the name, I actually think the price is pretty fair as well considering all of the options. Would like to hear one w/a real amp (i.e. tube amp ... especially a Marshall SL) rather than an Axe-FX though.

15. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

Oh the live amp demos are on there way forsure - its very early days still. I have some not so good workshop youtube videos on the website if you scroll down, but the pro demos are coming very soon. You will not be disappointed. :)

16. crossroadsnyc

Is this your design/box? FWIW, I think getting one in the hands of Brett Kingman was a good move ... he's a really likable dude, and I think he does great demos. He has that "everyman" appeal ... the kinda guy you want as a next door neighbor.

17. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

Yeah it was a great choice. He does a normal real bloke demo that honest and the setup is an easy watch, shows the control and whats needed. Very pleased with the demo indeed. May do another followup video with him using straight up real amps in the room. :) p.s. pete thorn demos gonna be interesting too.

18. tallcoolone

An option to add a global on/off would be a useful addition. I see lots of issues trying to tap those individual switches onstage

Phony iommi likes this.
  19. Jason Dorne

Jason Dorne Member

size 13 feet here, no issues hitting the switches, "unless one is really drunk". haha But your universal switch option will be looked at, at some point. We here at JDanalog are always striving to fulfill the players needs. A future version mod could come just for that option. thanks for the feedback. rock on

20. tallcoolone

Right on thx. It wouldn’t even need to be a switch—a jack that takes a simple latching footswitch would be very helpful.

MIDI would be even cooler haha