The time has come

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Marshallmaniac, Feb 3, 2013.

1. 66 galaxie

66 galaxie Well-Known Member VIP Member

Sorry to hear about your dog :(
    Such a hard thing to go through.

2. 2203xman

2203xman Well-Known Member

Feel good knowing that you let her have the life of a queen.She was lucky to have you for a master,some dogs don't know love like this.My Cole lives better than some children,and gets love everyday.Sorry,that the time has come,I always say no more,it's too hard to let them go,but a new pal is always what it takes to heal the pain.:)

3. tubes

tubes Well-Known Member

My sympathy MM.
    I'm not a 'dog person' myself. But we love all our pets here too.

I do understand that people who love their dogs have something that other pet owners do not always have.
    Seems to that a dog is a lot more like a personal friend and family member than other pets are.

Best wishes mate.

4. Feeling Supersonic

Feeling Supersonic Well-Known Member

Nice thread man - I've had to say goodbye to a loved dog before [Swift].
    Had to give him a last cuddle and a kiss on the head before he was put to sleep.
    It was tough -

I now have a great dog, Major - he's getting older too. He's been with me for 7 years now.
    He's amazing though, but that's the mortality of life we experience through the lives of our dogs - no matter how long it is, they don't live as long as us.
    I can imagine you'll have loads of fond memories of her - certainly enjoy those memories. I even hark back to the days of Swift and it brings happiness, not sadness.

Dogs are amazing -

I happened to read your post whilst listening to this song, I found it quite apt. Beautiful song from an amazing band.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke-r2K0ymWc]Lightning Crashes Live with Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

5. Marshallmaniac

Marshallmaniac Well-Known Member

Well, Gyps managed to make it another 7 months in her true style :) We made the hardest decision I've ever had to face this morning when she just couldn't get up. I'm absolutely heartbroken and cannot stop thinking about her.

You know it's really amazing how dogs work, Our other 2 year old dog has been deeply depressed for the past two days and we could not work out why? Until this morning.. :( She seems to be a bit better now that it's all over. We think she was able to sense Gypsy slipping away long before we could. Of the 200 or so months she was in my life it's funny how things worked out, we just took in another dog to keep out 2 year old company because of Gyps' old age and since then she took a back seat and slowly passed away

R.I.P my Gypsy

6. Grogshla

Grogshla Active Member

RIP Gypsy
    Thoughts are with you my friend

Marshallmaniac likes this.
  7. Las Palmas Norte

Las Palmas Norte Well-Known Member

I couldn't get over how attached I'd become with my Daisy over the years. There's something well beyond words that connected our beings. It hasn't been quite 3 months but I miss her every single day, without fail. I'm a better person for having gone down that road with my sweet Daisy. I'm sure you know and have similar feelings about your Gypsy. May you see her again over the rainbow bridge. Cheers, Barrie.

8. Bflat5

Bflat5 Well-Known Member

Hate to hear that. Such amazing friends they are. It's sad they have such a short time with us.

9. CaptainZero

CaptainZero Well-Known Member

It's amazing how they really can become part of your family, and how hard it hits you when they're gone. Sorry for your loss.

Bflat5 likes this.
  10. Fiat Lux

Fiat Lux Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace Gypsy.

Sincere condolences MM. Keep her in your heart.

cheers

11. jerryjg

jerryjg Active Member

She had a good run Bro.

...a good run...

12. Marshallmaniac

Marshallmaniac Well-Known Member

Hey thanks guys, means alot and helps me feel a bit better, I'd like to share a little something special with you all.

On the morning we took her in and were waiting for the Vet to come out and euthenise her, a very special song began to play. The song is so nice and has so much meaning and I immediately though: is this a sign, where is this coming from because it couldn't have been more fitting and beautiful. I looked around and kinda pinpointed it was coming from around 'that' direction somewhere and put it down to just someone who was playing it over there. It faded halfway through and I didn't think of it again until a few minutes later (We were outside the Vets and there are some sheds with small businesses running around the industrial area to give you an idea on the location)

We were driving home, crying our guts out! and it comes on the radio, we literally just started the car and it came on. I later told my Wife about it and the more I think about it, the more amazing and special it becomes.

When I told my Wife about this she never heard the music at the Vets. .

Our neighbour used to play this song loud and I liked it but never thought much more of it. Maybe Gyps really liked it? :) I did originally post the Youtube link to this song but have just removed it out of respect, I think I'll feel more comfortable having the song a secret between just those who were there.

This will stay close to my heart and remind me that we have someone looking out for us always and serve as a reminder of just how wonderful it is to be alive and experience love in it's purest form.

Las Palmas Norte likes this.
  13. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

14. Las Palmas Norte

Las Palmas Norte Well-Known Member

Very touching story MM as anyone can agree. I was casually listening to the most recent Deep Purple release this weekend while making supper ... then it hit me. "Uncommon Man", the 8th track off that CD. The first 2:30 minute intro just kicked me in the guts and for some reason I made a direct co-relation to my Daisy.
    It's gonna take some time brother ... it's gonna take some time. :(

Cheers, Barrie.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM_eOokITt0]Deep Purple - Uncommon Man (Now What album 2013) - YouTube[/ame]

15. Hollowbody

Hollowbody Well-Known Member

That is one absolutely beautiful dog.

Gypsy will always be with you.

16. LKrevival

LKrevival New Member

Been through it before with my doberman named Spinner. I 'll never forget the primal sound of sorrow that came from my deepest inner as I was forced with the realization that he was gone and how he took his last breath while in my arms.

However you mentioned a lot of positive things that you are blessed with to have had in your life because, while it is sorrowful that we know that is now gone the memories are never gone and that should be looked at as a positive blessing more than dwelling on the negative of the final loss.

Here are some photos to look at, when I look at them I can't help but feel that with so much out there with clockwork and creation that while the final answers might not be known that given the wonders and complexity of it all the end might not be the end somehow after all and that love is as big as the universe and nothing ever just goes away in the universe it just transforms.

Deep Space Objects