The photography thread.

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My job is a Compliance Inspector for the local electrical utility. I have to inspect poles and power lines. I was sent to a few locations the other day and one was a padmount transformer. This is a transformer that sits on a pad and the electric cables are underground.

Anyway, I had to drive way out in the woods to get to this transformer. It feeds a house quite a bit of distance from this transformer. When I got there, I was struck by how dark the woods were behind the transformer.

It was like the part in a Grimm Brothers fairy tale where they tell the kids "Don't go into the woods!" I can tell you right now, I wasn't going into those woods. The pictures really don't convey just how dark it was in there.

000403D4-8957-47B0-8B74-260230B8A67A_1_105_c.jpeg

BE4BAFF3-A629-41F1-A848-4DA20DAFCF72_1_105_c.jpeg

Torren61

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see cool/weird stuff nearly every day...

QTrvKXQh.jpg

nbGWq43h.jpg

zPyLSCuh.jpg

Derek S

Reaction score
We met up with some equally crazy friends last weekend and did a pretty epic hike, longest to date for me, someplace in lower TN called "jacks river falls". It was beautiful. We hiked from sunrise to 8 pm (just over 22 miles) and crossed the river some 44 times. I slept well that night.

Jacks-Falls.jpg[

TN-River.jpg

Trumpet Rider

Reaction score
We went for a drive last week and found a cool old Catholic church. The church didn't cut it for pics, but the tree in front did. Check out the bark on this thing. I wonder how old it is.

tree 3.JPG

Tree 2.JPG

Tree 1.JPG