The Official Marshall Studio Jubilee Thread

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
You can use the Jube's clean channel as a pedal platform just like your other amps. But you should really experiment with the Jube's lead channel if your a lead player much. It's legendary for a reason. It rewards dynamic pick attack. Depending on the pickups you can back off to warm it up, or dig in for more edge and aggression.

The Jubilee is a darker thicker voice than an 800, but the eq is very effective so you can make it brighter. The Jube lead voice, while being thicker and darker, is not fuzzy. It is clear and articulate. There's no hiding.

It should sound good with your H and M GBs but the Marshall G12 Vintage is a more perfect match.

The 2525 has a very low noise floor even on the gain channel.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
Hey Biff, I believe the Rhythm Clip feature was intended to be effective only in the clean/normal or rhythm channel (hence the name). However, the switching scheme in the Jubilee is laid out really quite clever, it does a lot with just one relay, so it can not prevent the rhythm clip to have an effect on the lead sound, when engaged.
It doesn't add gain, or better: distortion, but as you say, a little spice or a different flavour. I guess the developers decided to leave it that way, since they maybe thought, some would like it (they were right obviously).

By the way: I embrace this thread, because I am a HUGE fan of the Jubilee. I don't have a 20W MJ or SJ, but I built myself a clone of the 50W 2554 Combo as a head in the exact same format/size of the MJ.

That is a nice clone. I wish they would reissue the 50w. I would buy one.

Reactions: C-4

TheToneDig

Reaction score
How are you getting on with Slash tones (GnR) through the mini Jubilee? What sort of dialing in do you look for and what pedals (if any) might help? I am seriously thinking of adding this final amp to my Studio/Origin collection.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
How are you getting on with Slash tones (GnR) through the mini Jubilee? What sort of dialing in do you look for and what pedals (if any) might help? I am seriously thinking of adding this final amp to my Studio/Origin collection.

Slash's jubilee settings are available online. Slash's paradise has his settings for clean and dirty as well as a list of all the effects units he uses. I would say the most important ones would be the Boss delay. Slash uses the DD-3 but a later model should work fine. Grab an EQ and a wah and that should get you most of the way there.

headcrash

Reaction score
THat's how I see it: Slash's classic recorded sound up until maybe early 2010s (except Appetite), that we all know and love (at least I do,) you won't get with the Jubilee alone. That nasally honky cocked wah-like sound requires some EQ pedal up front or something similar to boost the mids. Or get an AFD100 and play it in #34 mode, which is a copy of the amp Slash used in many, many recordings.
As for his live sound he mostly uses and used Jubilee amps, and comparing live recordings to his studio recordings, it shows. That sound usually by far is not as nasally.

TheToneDig

Reaction score
THat's how I see it: Slash's classic recorded sound up until maybe early 2010s (except Appetite), that we all know and love (at least I do,) you won't get with the Jubilee alone. That nasally honky cocked wah-like sound requires some EQ pedal up front or something similar to boost the mids. Or get an AFD100 and play it in #34 mode, which is a copy of the amp Slash used in many, many recordings.
As for his live sound he mostly uses and used Jubilee amps, and comparing live recordings to his studio recordings, it shows. That sound usually by far is not as nasally.

So I have a collection of ODs and EQs. I have the delays. I am really thinking though if getting the Jubilee is really worth it if I have other studio amps. I do like GnR stuff and I do play it on the SV20 but my Helix does a good job of it also. Maybe even more so with the profiles I paid for. I don't really want to get a 100W Slash signature though but obviously, that would make sense or the AFG100 #34 mode if that is exactly what someone wanted to do. However, I have talked to several people who have told me that any silver jubilee is just not a good amp because of its limitations and just play clean through it and that's it. So I am really wary about getting this one but I love the studio series so far. Really on the fence about it, especially if I have to do a lot of tweaking even with the mini jubilee to get it to sound nasally.

Kinkless Tetrode

Reaction score
Well you know the MF answer to if should get another Marshall or not...

BTW, I don't (know) anyone who just plays the clean channel. Most only play the gain channel.

Last edited:

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I guess I'm on of the rare ones. The gain channel is very good. I've just been in a more bluesy Strat phase lately so I've been plugged into the rhythm channel. I;m not using the clip feature but I've had it cranked. Master on 8 with input gain 7 so it's driving.

Jubilee is very versatile. I was doing an A/B with the SV20H and going for a complimentary tone to it. Sounds killer and I'd recommend it to anyone. If you want good dirt it does that well also. I'm not much on channel switching with any amp though so i can't say where the balance is between the channels on the 2525H. I just pick a side that fits my mood and go with it.

Dan myers

Reaction score
I’ve been so into playing my gibson V into this amp that I thought it was time to pull out my Yngwie strat and give it a run.So far not as impressed with the sound i’m getting.Not trying to play neo classical metal with it just some good rock/blues in the vein of say John Norum.Any suggestions would be appreciated,thanks.

Dan myers

Reaction score
Just put new Mullard EL34 power tubes and new pre amp tubes in v1-mullard
V2-tung sol V3-jj
Pleased with the results what are your favorite tubes with the studio jubilee?

Moony

Reaction score
You are now becoming a bad influence!

giphy.gif

C-4

Reaction score
This is my Sweetwater exclusive SJ Was wondering what tubes you guys have experimented with on yours? Especially if you’re using vintage tubes and what were your results.
View attachment 70607
I had one of the original issue 2525H's but after 3 years of using it live, I sold it to try a BluGuitar Amp 1 ME.

While the BluGuitar amp was really nice, I am now waiting a couple more days to see if Marshall releases something I may want at the 2022 NAMM.

If not, I will be ordering another 2525H like the one in your photo.

Enjoy it. it looks great !

Maxbrothman

Reaction score

Marshall Studio Silver Jubilee - As Brutal as it is Gentle!​

Uh oh, Johan now addresses the Studio SJ.

If you listen to him playing this amp do you notice that you can hear the intermittent sound of the string noise? It happened to me more with an OD in front but it was there whenever I had the gain up. If you hold and catch the next note quickly you can sort of hide it faster but some songs I was playing like ZZ top simply releasing a string causes almost a 'pull off' that is either hit or miss (mostly miss). What do you do to help tame that problem down? I was string muting but obviously, that can get very complex and would require a ton more practice. I am thinking maybe some settings will sort it out. Or a noise gate? I have a Boss NS-2.

Latest posts